BST in Hyde Park 2014

Guest Tom Wells

Really epic, amazing opening and kept the momentum from there, amazing 15+ minute down by the river to close it as well. Great crowd and atmosphere much better than the hyde park stones crowd last year and managed to get in for free so all in all a top day!

Edited by Field Commander Jefferson

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil Young was great, not much too it. Just put on a great show and I really enjoyed it and the cover of Blowin' In The Wind was great. Never gave a proper listen to The National before but I thought they were a bit boring. I know that lots of people around me loved it so I'm going to take it due to the fact that it was because I didn't know their material.

But overall a good day and at such a low price of £2.50 :D

Just posted this in The National thread but for completeness:

The National did a shorter set than I'd have liked but they still absolutely killed it. Weird seeing them in the blazing sunshine and I sweated buckets jumping around in it, but it was just awesome to see them again. Got right down the front with ease too :)

Neil Young was bloody brilliant too, despite me not really knowing any of the songs, so definitely worth the ticket price. Although I'm pretty sure he finished earlier than scheduled?

As others have said, it was impossible to get into the small venues so didn't really see anyone else, which was a shame. Expensive, too, but booze, food and toilet queues were better than expected.

Absolutely lovely crowd and atmosphere too, which must have been the Neil Young factor. Hippies, older people and just lovely really.

Was about 5 people deep for the start of Neil but was bursting for a piss. Pretty gutting, but watched sat down at the back and thoroughly enjoyed every moment. That acoustic trio in the middle was glorious.

weird seeing the national not end with vanderlyle!