BST in Hyde Park 2014

Guest Tom Wells

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AEG Live do, BST is just one of their events. I can't remember if the licence got reduced to six or if they're allowed more.

Edit: It was reduced to six gigs, three with 50,000 capacity & three with 65,000. Of course they could just have Libs in June & then nothing going on for one of the BST days, if they really wanted.

Seems weird that they've probably knocked back dozens of lucrative requests and the band haven't spoken in months, suddenly Pete gets a phonecall and Carl is in too the same day. Saturday 5th would be nice for me if I can manage to get anyone thinking about Sabbath too - suppose it's unlikely I'll go to either though unfortunately.

I'm wondering if Pete was the last piece of the puzzle & the had Carl and everything sorted before (hence why it appears everything has been organised quite late) although I have no idea how promoters approach this sort of thing, especially with a difficult band like The Libertines.

I think there's probably an element of truth in the reports from last night (I mean, come on Carl plays a DJ set the same day the rumour breaks and NOBODY questions him?) but the words and the manner in which they came out have probably been massively twisted.