BST in Hyde Park 2014

Guest Tom Wells

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, I knew that was coming.

I don't see them selling many premium packages for Sabbath as the standard tickets are pretty dear themselves but Sabbath have been around the UK fairly recently what with their arena tour and download the year before. Saying that the lineup is stellar enough that imo it'll sell out so maybe they'll be bastards and put more of the tickets at the higher end as they know people will be desperate to go?

Edited by dentalplan

Perhaps, I dunno though. I think Sonisphere might batter the sales a bit. Hoping so anyway.

Looking at this presale though; the Priority Entry is like £30 more and you get a t-shirt which I imagine will be £20 anyway. It'd be an outrageous amount for a gig but I did think it'd be pricier.

EDIT: Never mind, I thought you still got the special bars and viewing areas and stuff.

As far as I'm aware, no. The white bit is though.

It was obviously something the Stones insisted on, and as they were playing both weekends last year I guess it made sense for them to just keep the same system across the weekend (no idea how it worked for the event that ended up being free).

Guess it worked well for them so they kept it.

McBusted are the first Sunday. Prince isn't around that weekend anyway. I had thought he could do Friday and Sunday of the next weekend but it just seems a bit strange to have him play a couple of days apart as there'd be people wanting to do both. To be honest, I think he's the sort of marquee act that would play a Saturday (as he was initially rumoured) so I don't think he's gonna be there at all really.

I'd guess Stevie Wonder, an act like McCartney/Springsteen/Petty and a less obvious pop day (like Lionel Richie/J-Lo last year) to complete it.