BST in Hyde Park 2014

Guest Tom Wells

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I've given in. I'm going (to Neil Young).

Only thing is, my dad, who I'm going with is probably not as able as I am to turn up early & stand all day...

So I'm wondering - did anyone use the "Premium View" area last year (was it only in place for the Rolling Stones?). For £20 extra, I'd easily pay if it meant we could turn up a little later but still get reasonably close....

Any advice much appreciated folks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wasn't going to get tickets for this but am quite tempted by the Neil Young day now The National are down as 'full set'. I emailed the organisers for clarification and while they wouldn't commit, they seemed to suggest it would be about 90 minutes. I'm interested in seeing Neil Young but The National are the big draw for me. Still a lot of money though - more than double the 6music festival!

Do the normal entry tickets allow you to get to the front? Went to the Stones thing last year and all the standing area was tiered. I think you could get to the front if you got there at dawn or something. Surprised it's not sold out too.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't going to get tickets for this but am quite tempted by the Neil Young day now The National are down as 'full set'. I emailed the organisers for clarification and while they wouldn't commit, they seemed to suggest it would be about 90 minutes. I'm interested in seeing Neil Young but The National are the big draw for me. Still a lot of money though - more than double the 6music festival!

Do the normal entry tickets allow you to get to the front? Went to the Stones thing last year and all the standing area was tiered. I think you could get to the front if you got there at dawn or something. Surprised it's not sold out too.

Looking at the map on the BST website, it seems that "general admission" would allow you to get to the front, with the "premium area" offset to one side of the main arena. Every gig I've been to in Hyde Park has had a gold circle premium price area at the front, the size of which has varied considerably (Simon & Garfunkel was pretty much all the way to the front-of-house control tower).

• 4 weeks later...

HMMM same weekend as Soni, so I wonder how well this would sell.

Do you think people with weekend Soni tickets would fuck off the Friday to go to this? I think a few would...

Sabbath were awesome at Download 2012, Soundgarden supported then as well though so something different would be nice. Even though I enjoyed some of their set, it just begin to drag a little, Jesus Christ Pose was ace though.