AC/DC

Soundgarden

Thin Lizzy

Stone Temple Pilots

Black Sabbath

Machine Head

Motorhead

Jimmy Eat World

Surely that would shift WAY more tickets than what Download currently has on offer.

Edited by Andre91

Here's my attempt:

Apollo Friday

Nine Inch Nails

Stone Temple Pilots

Alice in Chains

Apollo Saturday

Queens of the Stone Age *

Deep Purple

Motorhead

Saturn Saturday

Alice Cooper

NOFX

Apollo Sunday

Black Sabbath

Soundgarden

Megadeth

Saturn Sunday

Jane's Addiction

Black Star Riders

* providing the thing about two smaller headliners is true, if not then replace with ACDC / Iron Maiden / Metallica / Led Zeppelin.

Edited by dentalplan

I didn't realise you were being serious about Springsteen. I wonder how that would go down.

The only reason I chucked Queens in there was because of the June date and the thing Lucky said about there being two headliners booked but if they didn't get a big one on board it's getting binned. Not sure if that's been disproven by what he's found out since.

I was just chucking names out to be honest. He's got a new album out, presuming he tours he won't do whatever-it-is-now Calling or IOW. Could do stadium shows but for a fest that needs a ticket seller and perhaps a slight change in direction to appeal to a broader audience, he'd be a decent option. He'd go down better than Queen, surely? :P

Yeah that's what is making me concerned about QOTSA, but I refuse to put them in a prediction purely because I think it'll be insanely stupid for them to not do R&L this year (from both parties POV). I reckon they'll 'do a Green Day'

I didn't realise you were being serious about Springsteen. I wonder how that would go down.

The only reason I chucked Queens in there was because of the June date and the thing Lucky said about there being two headliners booked but if they didn't get a big one on board it's getting binned. Not sure if that's been disproven by what he's found out since.

Edited by mrtourette

Since then he's said he's been told two headliners and that they're very strong, which goes against his previous comments about having two weak ones and waiting on a third strong one before deciding whether to continue.

I would have thought that bands like QOTSA and NIN (maybe Paramore) would be good headliners Soni given that it's smaller than R&L or Download and maybe they could snatch bands that are thinking about subbing at those other two by offering them headline slots.

What luckysalt said may go against that, although when he said they were strong he didn't clarify whether they were strong generally or strong for Soni.

Yeah I suppose. Makes you wonder how strong they need to book when the capacity isn't nearly as big as it's competition. I think QOTSA and NIN would be good as they're both popular arena selling artists but it'd get laughed off by some fans. I'm glad it's apparently strong though.

Not quite sure. They flogged the Maiden England show pretty hard worldwide last year and they played the last date of that tour a couple of months ago so there's a good chance they'll have some time off and record their next album.

Yeah I suppose. Makes you wonder how strong they need to book when the capacity isn't nearly as big as it's competition. I think QOTSA and NIN would be good as they're both popular arena selling artists but it'd get laughed off by some fans. I'm glad it's apparently strong though.

Nah they're definitely playing Euro fests next year (well Hellfest at least) so it makes sense for them to play a hits set at Knebworth, though I doubt they'll be the touring headliner as they were this year. This leaves the touring headliner to be Sabbath (unlikely as they are already playing a lot of other Euro fests), Metallica (I think this is the case) or Pearl Jam (Outside chance based on tour dates rumours). As for the final headliner someone smaller, NIN, QOTSA, Paramore...who knows.

Luckysalt has said they have two big headliners and Metallica and Maiden would certainly be that

I dunno, wouldn't Maiden just be a case of 'same shit, different festival'? Would certainly be a disappointment for me, I'd have hoped they would be looking to attract a wider range of people other than just those who usually go to Download.

Edited by biffoire