Kasabian in Leicester

eFestivals

Not exactly, but I have had a few chats :P

http://instagram.com/p/oBwpKtInK0/

Me too.

I was thinking about the marathon set today... But I'm thinking it might just be bands they're pals with. Maybe like Beady Eye, Kav, Band Of Skulls, The Lysergic Suite, Penu!ns.

Part of me wonders whether they might get something from within the band?

Tim is in a band as a drummer (Chris: "Believe it or not, he's a better drummer than guitarist!"), Serge has Loose Tapestries with Noel Fielding and Tom has Mic Rockers... Ian has his jazz thing too (can't remember the name).

Chris also mentioned Pond.

Miles Kane?

(That's a joke, not a dig. I love Miles haha)

Is this kasabian's first big outdoor headline show that theve put on themselves? Cause its really piss poor organisation.3 weeks saturday and still nothing on the line up.

Like a poster above for arena shows i aint to fussed who supports but for a one day outdoor show i treat it like a one day festival. All day on the beer and its even better if the suns out.

Its abit of a joke really and makes kasabian like really small time if im honest!

Is this kasabian's first big outdoor headline show that theve put on themselves? Cause its really piss poor organisation.3 weeks saturday and still nothing on the line up.

Like a poster above for arena shows i aint to fussed who supports but for a one day outdoor show i treat it like a one day festival. All day on the beer and its even better if the suns out.

Its abit of a joke really and makes kasabian like really small time if im honest!

I know how you feel. You would think because this is there first outdoor show organised by themselves they would be pulling out all the stops but they seem as though everyone of a decent size they have asked to support them has said no. Never know mabey they just have an amazing surprise for us?

Wont be anyone like Noel, him singing some Oasis classics, Kasabian wont want to be out done at their own gig! Can see it being along the lines of Courteeners, Enemy, Jake Bugg. Personally would like to see Embrace they've just made a come back could do with some publicity. Possibility of it being a dance type act?

Not only has the support not been announced we havent received our tickets yet either. I know its still roughly a month but iv already got my libertines tickets which is after. We also had the same conversation about monkeys being £20 more and half decent support but nothing announced for this. Im sure they could book a local band for the first spot no problem then its just convincing a known name to play higher up.

Am I right in saying that's it's not actually kasabian who are organising or putting this show on? When it was first announced it was LiveNation presents summer solstice. I'm sure the band will have input but at the end of the day support bookings and ticket distribution comes down to LiveNation

Am I right in saying that's it's not actually kasabian who are organising or putting this show on? When it was first announced it was LiveNation presents summer solstice. I'm sure

the band will have input but at the end of the day support bookings and ticket distribution comes down to LiveNation

Nope that's where your wrong! Serge and Tom are individually posting the tickets out to people, so if anything goes wrong with tickets be sure to blame the band. Same if the support acts are pish! That's if we get any

I'm really disappointed by the lack of support so far for this gig, I thought it was going to have a huge line up! I can see it being some of their Leicester mates like Jersey Budd or SuperEvolver, or I could see PenguinsRising supporting. Out of the three I'd only be interested in seeing SuperEvolver. I expected a local/starting up band, then someone like Miles Kane or Temples, I'd love to see Temples.

I guess that we'll be getting souvenir tickets and they're waiting for the support to be confirmed before they print the tickets, but they're cutting it awfully fine.

It does seem a bit shitty not to have a line-up put together and out by now, but as someone else said it's £40 a ticket so isn't going to be anything spectacular. I doubt it'll be much more than the level of bands who would normally support them, maybe a cheap and cheerful indie option (something like The Cribs or Reverand and the Makers) to give it some weight.

It's just getting ridiculous now...

For organisation and promotion and stuff, this band is AWFUL!

They were due to release eez-eh with b-side, beanz, today in France, and across the weekend in other countries, with a UK release on Sunday. But that's not happening now. The b-side has been removed from digital release, and will be vinyl-only. And that's just fantastic, because there's been no announcement of a vinyl single.

I've never known a band to shoot themselves in the foot so much with promotion... A single that would have got most of it's sales from the b-side now no longer has a b-side. They'll be lucky to hit the top 100 now.

I don't understand where the vinyl-only logic came from. If they did a digital release, everyone would have bought that... Then if they announced the vinyl as well, people would buy that on top of the MP3! Double sales!

Literally mind-boggling.

Sales, sales, everywhere. They said around the release of Velociraptor that they're an album band rather than a singles band, so I doubt they care as much as you.