City Of Culture 2017 is...... Hull!

Guest t8yman

Its about we got some positive press, I know a few on here have either lived, live or have spent time around here. And I've heard people say good and bad things about the place. I was born here, grew up here, and we are now raising our kids here. I'm really pleased we got it, and I hope it brings some great times and some great coverage with it.

I really liked our bid video as soon as I saw it, I thought it summed up the city really well. The free "Freedom Festival is really popular, and we have some great small music fests here on the marina and old fruit market area.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Hull supposed to be the hardest place in the UK to find a job? Maybe they'll tart it up a bit and create some employment.

Its about we got some positive press, I know a few on here have either lived, live or have spent time around here. And I've heard people say good and bad things about the place. I was born here, grew up here, and we are now raising our kids here. I'm really pleased we got it, and I hope it brings some great times and some great coverage with it.

I really liked our bid video as soon as I saw it, I thought it summed up the city really well. The free "Freedom Festival is really popular, and we have some great small music fests here on the marina and old fruit market area.

(Meanwhile over on the Glastonbury boards someone is castigating sexist posts.......................)

more-so castigating those who are unable to recognise sexist posts. :P

Much as Lily rails against the sexism of the music biz but then admits that her full-plan was to wear a bikini and twerk like the best of them, it's impossible to put ourselves outside of the environment we exist within.

What is possible tho is to recognise that environment. :)

I felt Liverpool made a right meal of it when we got it in 2008, we threw down a new shopping centre, which only opened mid way 2008, and stuck Ringo Starr on a roof to sing some songs, so much more has been done since, but never the less, it's WAY better than before!

I felt Liverpool made a right meal of it when we got it in 2008, we threw down a new shopping centre, which only opened mid way 2008, and stuck Ringo Starr on a roof to sing some songs, so much more has been done since, but never the less, it's WAY better than before!