Outkast

100borrowedfilms

hey ill check them out properly again. im sure id enjoy a bit of miss jackson while a bit pisssed up but im not sure if they'll ever be my bag.

actually imagine if i did listen to the likes of stankonia to death and i do start to get 'hip hop'? Id have to spend the rest of my life listening to all the stuff new to me that i'd missed over the past 20 years. I'd have no time for much else then :(

I remember when Hey Ya came out i would have been around 7ish i believe and for years i've always thought that one of the members of the band was Cee Lo Green, until i looked it up and found out he was actually in Gnarls Barkley. My main point is that i only ever knew of Hey Ya and found out that i know Ms Jackson too. Had no idea they had as many albums i thought they only had like 2 or something!

Is it really necessary to be aware of the songs, though? I enjoy hearing music I've never heard before from a band I'm aware are credible and highly rated. It's nice to have a few crowd pleasers, but the best crowds appreciate the sounds more than the ability to 'sing along', surely. I'm confident I'll not have heard most of the groups playing in 2014 but I'll see as many as I can regardless.

Is it really necessary to be aware of the songs, though? I enjoy hearing music I've never heard before from a band I'm aware are credible and highly rated. It's nice to have a few crowd pleasers, but the best crowds appreciate the sounds more than the ability to 'sing along', surely. I'm confident I'll not have heard most of the groups playing in 2014 but I'll see as many as I can regardless.

good point mate - i think this all obsessing over who is playing the festival is just a way of killing the time until June, at the end of the day i dont care who lays as itll all be great anyway :)

• Upvote 1

Fair point and there are times i've hugely enjoyed hearing artists for the first time at a festival... but not usually subs or headliners on a large stage. The fact that i'm not aware of much of their stuff doesn't put me off but i personally wouldn't risk seeing them without listening to them first just because others rate them highly. There's plenty of music that is credible and highly rated which isn't to my taste.

just announced that they have 'a full festival run of over 40 dates to celebrate 20 years since Southerplayalisticadillacmuzik'

don't know what this means for Glastonbury - probably nothing - but 40 festival dates is a LOT of festivals so makes it a bit more likely i guess

I'd take it as a personal insult if they didn't play Glastonbury, because with that many festival dates I'd be convinced they were doing it just to spite me.

I'd take it as a personal insult if they didn't play Glastonbury, because with that many festival dates I'd be convinced they were doing it just to spite me.

yeah surely one of those festival dates has got to be Glastonbury... i mean... it just has to be. i'll be so pissed if they end up playing V or something (although i can easily see T snatching them up)

Makes it interesting. I would be very happy and still torn on whether they would be head or sub,

they don't have nearly enough appeal here to headline a major festival. maybe a smaller one like Wireless, Bestival etc, but not Glastonbury. they could easily sub or play in the Pyramid 'hip hop slot' though. them playing in a similar spot to Snoop, with similar weather conditions, would be just perfect (although i'd take them in the pouring rain if needs be)

just announced that they have 'a full festival run of over 40 dates to celebrate 20 years since Southerplayalisticadillacmuzik'

don't know what this means for Glastonbury - probably nothing - but 40 festival dates is a LOT of festivals so makes it a bit more likely i guess

I got excited about the prospect, there can't be that many festivals they could appear at. So hopefully it means they are ain't just chasing the money and won't tie down to exclusive deals.

I'd say Wireless is the main contender, which I could see them headlining. Especially as it's now over three days with two different cities involved.

i reckon Bestival will be after them / have them also. seem like a perfect headliner for there. but hopefully not and Big Boi has bigged up Glastonbury

40 is a lot of festivals. If you take festival season from April to September then thats two a week every week. I guess US at the beginning of the summer the Europe at the end of the summer.

Got to be thinking Wireless because of the direction it has taken in the past few years and being the '4th headliner' for TITP.

Not good for glasto but looks good for those who are keen on seeing them :)

Wireless took a big step up with their headliners last year (Justin Timberlake and Jay Z) who are both HUGE - i'd wonder if Outkast wouldn't be seen as a bit of a step down from that (clutching at straws here)

TITP seems like the obvious one considering it seems to get most of the big names each year. think i'd cry if they played everywhere else but Glastonbury. i'd rather they just skipped the UK entirely than play other UK festivals!

whilst i'm not one for bands whoring the hell out of themselves, i'm willing to make an exception here as i'm so desperate to see them (and who knows if this reunion is for the long run or just for this year?!). if i don't end up seeing them i'll be devastated so here's hoping, but i do think that if they don't go Glastonbury, Bestival is very likely so i'd be willing to go there for them

whilst i'm not one for bands whoring the hell out of themselves, i'm willing to make an exception here as i'm so desperate to see them (and who knows if this reunion is for the long run or just for this year?!). if i don't end up seeing them i'll be devastated so here's hoping, but i do think that if they don't go Glastonbury, Bestival is very likely so i'd be willing to go there for them

Indeed, to be fair it's hardly like Outkast have been or will be whoring themselves out for the next few years and become stale - you'd hope not anyway. I think the only reason they wouldn't include Glastonbury on the list of 40 festivals is if they didn't plan on being around the UK at the time. Of course, if they don't do UK festivals in the early summer, you'd imagine they'd do the likes of Bestival later in the so called 'summer'.

Edited by GlastoSimon

As someone else said, 40 festivals over one summer has to mean 2 a week... Which means we can assume they would only do Glasto if they could do another UK festival the same weekend... Would Hard Rock Calling have them do we think?!