West Holts

Supernintendo Chalmers

I meant Magic Band (need more sleep today)

They toured this year didn't they? Was earlier in the year though. Well before the fest.

And yes Buddy Guy please. Having been to a load of blues clubs in the states recently - including Buddy Guy's club - I've noticed that theres still a few genuine old school blues guys knocking about.

I saw a few.

Billy Boy Arnold being one.

Alabama Slim being another.

Edited by The Nal

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, tho I'd say that the amount of 'pop kids' at festivals nowadays gets to mean that most didn't have a clue who Big Boi was but they'd know straight away who Outkast where.

yeah i bet a lot of people would be hard pressed to name one Big Boi song, but EVERYBODY knows Hey Ya! surely one of the biggest songs of the last decade. mannnnn i hope they play

Tinariwen would be great as a headliner or sub headliner. Not sure if they've played in the last year or two though

Just got a notice through, couple of gigs in London next year supporting a new album.

Caught Errol Linton with a 4 piece band couple weeks ago, would really like to see him somewhere next year, would be good for West Holts or anywhere please.

Edited by whisty

Saw De La Soul last year at parklife in manchester, and must say was totally uninspired. out of all the hip hop acts i have seen, they bored me to tears! definitely no Public Enemy or J5.

yeah i saw them at Bestival and they were dire. so boring and just seemed to be going through the motions. it was sad to see

Saw De La Soul last year at parklife in manchester, and must say was totally uninspired. out of all the hip hop acts i have seen, they bored me to tears! definitely no Public Enemy or J5.

That is terribly sad.. If a band can't get up for a festival they've got problems man.. Would've really loved to see PE this year, perfect for the WH..