The National

Zoo Music Girl

I wish Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers got a bit more loving. OK, it's not as good as what followed with Alligator/Boxer/High Violet/TWFM, but I think it's still an excellent album in it's own right. Cardinal Song, Fashion Coat, Murder Me Rachael and Lucky You are particular stand outs for me. Just seems the album doesn't get much time of day, especially live. 

1 hour ago, Johnkhutch said:

I wish Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers got a bit more loving. OK, it's not as good as what followed with Alligator/Boxer/High Violet/TWFM, but I think it's still an excellent album in it's own right. Cardinal Song, Fashion Coat, Murder Me Rachael and Lucky You are particular stand outs for me. Just seems the album doesn't get much time of day, especially live. 

It's an alright album, with a couple of okay tunes, but it just pales so much in comparison to later works. I'd be miffed personally if any of those took up setlist space.

11 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's an alright album, with a couple of okay tunes, but it just pales so much in comparison to later works. I'd be miffed personally if any of those took up setlist space.

They have played Available every time I have seem them 2011 to 2015 and played a short Cardinal Song one of the three times, so it gets a little airing.

4 minutes ago, Ashl said:

They have played Available every time I have seem them 2011 to 2015 and played a short Cardinal Song one of the three times, so it gets a little airing.

Yeah I've seen Available a few times but I don't want it in a festival set in place of so many better songs. I reckon they'll bin it off in favour of new material.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I've seen Available a few times but I don't want it in a festival set in place of so many better songs. I reckon they'll bin it off in favour of new material.

Definitely seen it enough to cut it, I wish they would cut Squalor Victoria, Matt only plays it as it is his goes into the crowd song, other songs on Boxer that I'd much rather hear!

Mistaken For Strangers
Don't Swallow The Cap
I Should Live In Salt
Fireproof 
Demons 
Fake Empire
Squalor Victoria
Brainy 
Terrible Love
Sea of Love
I Need My Girl
Abel
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Pink Rabbits
England
Mr November
Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks

First attempt. Needs work on order of songs but if we got this I'd be very happy. 

Probably need to fit Slow Show and maybe Apartment Story in there but not sure what I would drop. Probably Abel, not sure what else! Damn this is hard! 

Kind of based off a general order and probably some flaws, but I don't think it's unreasonable and I'd be v happy with this.

Don't Swallow the Cap
Mistaken for Strangers
I Should Live in Salt
Bloodbuzz
New Song #1
Sea of Love
Graceless
Abel
England
Fake Empire
Apartment Story
Pink Rabbits
New Song #2
Terrible Love
Mr November
Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks

Edited by mynameismatt

On 13/04/2017 at 9:45 AM, Ashl said:

Definitely seen it enough to cut it, I wish they would cut Squalor Victoria, Matt only plays it as it is his goes into the crowd song, other songs on Boxer that I'd much rather hear!

What? Squalor Victoria is mid-set and it's superb live, Brian's drumming showcased and Matt screaming at the end. It's his going for a piss song not going into the crowd at all.