The National

Zoo Music Girl

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Bit random but does anyone want some small men's National tshirts? All in good condition, just don't fit me any more. Having a clear out but don't really want to just get rid of these..I'll take photos if there's and slight interest

I'm a small man and I'm interested mate!

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Fuck off with your lack of middle aged belly spreads you twats. 

Small? I hate you all. 

If it is any consolation I am at least XL. Can't find any Black Grape - Its great when you're straight t shirts to fit me :-(

1 minute ago, Diva Sam said:

1. I did not like that The National was no longer on the front page of the forum.
2. Since when did The XX get confirmed for Friday?!

It was in an NME article that they'd play before Radiohead. It's assumed to be true because NME had the Emily Eavis interview and confirmed Biffy on Sunday

14 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Already packaged them up for John sorry!

No prob :) 

16 minutes ago, evannn said:

It was in an NME article that they'd play before Radiohead. It's assumed to be true because NME had the Emily Eavis interview and confirmed Biffy on Sunday

So we're pretty much assuming they're the Saturday sub now? That's no good for me.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Can I ask why? I mean, I'm not loving it either, but is there a specific reason?

Biffy definitely subbing Sheeran which lends favour to the theory that the subs are in the correct order on the poster (so The xx below Radiohead and The National below Foo Fighters). Also I'm pretty sure somebody from NME said that The xx were below Radiohead.

7 minutes ago, CHRLY said:

No prob :) 

So we're pretty much assuming they're the Saturday sub now? That's no good for me.

Probably best case scenario for me. Keeps The XX, Justice and The National apart. Unfortunately looking like Flaming Lips are the fall guy though. 

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Can I ask why? I mean, I'm not loving it either, but is there a specific reason?

I think The Pyramid is a bad place for them. It's a massive field and there'll be lots of casuals about. Down the front should be alright but I think it'll turn out like Beck did last year, a good performance but not perticilarly memorable because the crowd just aren't into it. 

I feel like if they headlined the Other it'd be a smaller but more intense crowd, LCD style. Also it'd be better in the dark.

If it comes down to these vs The Avalanches, I could see myself choosing the latter, which is strange considering I've been on here pleading for the National to play for years. I might just prefer to have a big party than see one of my favourite bands and be disappointed.