The National

Zoo Music Girl

5 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

That's where they'll be right? Headlining The Other? I mean that makes sense. All the same, I've been daydreaming about them headlining John Peel today...

You'd have to think so. I can't see them accepting a lower slot than Pyramid sub/Other headliner and they won't be subbing the Pyramid again so soon.

would definitely choose Taylor over them.

McCartney, I'd probably choose over them, mostly because I've seen The National so much in the last few years, and they're in Ireland again a few weeks before G anyway, and I've never seen Macca.

seen Kendrick 3 times before, progressively worse each time. Just after GKMC came out was very good. bored shitless when I saw him after DAMN. would definitely choose The National over him.

Edited by ghostdancer1

Could they play an announced slot on the park?

I know that sounds baffling but they are definitely around at the time of Glastonbury but I don’t know where they fit into the lineup.

If the National are playing, then someone we are giving a lot of attention isn’t playing. My guess is Calvin Harris if one of the other headliners is not there.

They're the sort of act we should be looking at for secret sets. Around at the time, played recently but have had new material so got half a reason to come back, fairly big name without being huge, clearly well liked at the festival. 

Not saying they're specifically likely to do one, but I imagine they're the sort of secret set benchmark, rather than past headliners like Foos. 

In my mind 

Friday

Pyramid : Kendrick Lamar, Lana Del Rey
Other: Royal Blood

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
Other: Calvin Harris

Sunday

Pyramid: Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa
Other: Pet Shop Boys

If the National are playing an announced set then one of these acts is either wrong or not playing. I struggle to think who it could be that is booted off.

This leads me to think a National secret set on the Park is more likely.

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

In my mind 

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

If the National are playing an announced set then one of these acts is either wrong or not playing. I struggle to think who it could be that is booted off.

What if PSB are not headlining and they are subbing? 

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

In my mind 

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Think it’s far more likely that they’re just not playing at all. Just doesn’t seem to be room for them and I don’t think they’d be the kind of act to do a secret set either - far more prime acts for those TBA slots. 

They looked much more likely to play, going on European tour dates and album timings etc., in both 2015 and 2016 if I remember correctly, before turning up on the lineup out of the blue in 2017. They look in the frame this year, hence they probably won't be playing, unfortunately. That and where to put them obviously. I'm not going to let myself get hopeful about this, especially when if they did play it could create an awful clash.

11 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

#TeamOtherStage21 then? 

Although surely they'll take a break after this year. My wallet almost hopes so... 

Been saying this for years! I was pretty sure Homecoming would be the end of this tour cycle, which was a contributing factor to going. But I'm not in the UK so would have had to fly to any shows this year, albeit not as far as the USA.

53 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

In my mind 

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

We don't really have anything to suggest Royal Blood or Dua Lipa other than tour dates and a feeling it makes sense and wasn't the Calvin Harris info just from some random? Not that The National are more likely than any of those but I wouldn't be that surprised if one of them is wrong whether that be for The National or something we aren't in the trail of.

33 minutes ago, mcshed said:

We don't really have anything to suggest Royal Blood or Dua Lipa other than tour dates and a feeling it makes sense and wasn't the Calvin Harris info just from some random? Not that The National are more likely than any of those but I wouldn't be that surprised if one of them is wrong whether that be for The National or something we aren't in the trail of.

Someone on here heard Royal Blood are Friday other. I can’t remember who.

Yeah I think the one to go might be Calvin Harris to be honest. When was the last time he played the festival? I feel like he’s an act who has had ample opportunity to return but never has. I don’t know why he would return this year of all years.

but then again I can totally see him being booked.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

A good Sunday night headliner is vital - come Sunday I'm thinking "what if I never come back? What if I don't get tickets or life gets in the way or whatever? Who would I want the last act I ever see at Glastonbury to be?"

I could go out happy on the National.

I wouldn't quite go that far, but definitely agree that as the last hurrah of the weekend it's the Sunday night headliner that forms your final impression of the festival.  Definitely want to go out on a high.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I wouldn't quite go that far, but definitely agree that as the last hurrah of the weekend it's the Sunday night headliner that forms your final impression of the festival.  Definitely want to go out on a high.

I had to come back in 2019 as I never wanted the last act I ever saw at Glastonbury to be Ed pissing Sheeran.