The National

Zoo Music Girl

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Pet Shop Boys, Calvin Harris, Massive Attack, The National, Foals are all strong contenders for the other stage on the basis of what we think we know.

One of these artists just isn’t playing there and instead somewhere else. Who will it be? I feel that there’s a decent chance Foals are subbing the pyramid. 

I really feel that all four acts will be there. It’s just a matter of where.

All the more reason to suggest Foals aren't there at all. Feels completely pointless having them back without headlining anyway, especially if it's just subbing the Pyramid again - I think that's very unlikely. It does look like it's gonna be 3 of your other 4 though. 1 misses out or is punted to WH imo (PSB or Massive Attack of course, but both feel pretty big for it). 

Having said that, there are others that could come into contention still. Royal Blood in particular spring to mind.

Oh and since we're in the National thread...managed to get tickets for night 1. Pretty exciting not having a clue which songs we're gonna get. Looking forward to this one already.

Edited by The Martini Police

Just now, The Martini Police said:

All the more reason to suggest Foals aren't there at all. Feels completely pointless having them back without headlining anyway, especially if it's just subbing the Pyramid again - I think that's very unlikely. It does look like it's gonna be 3 of your other 4 though. 1 misses out or is punted to WH imo (PSB or Massive Attack of course, but both feel pretty big for it). 

Having said that, there are others that could come into contention still. Royal Blood in particular spring to mind.

Yeah it’s very quiet on royal blood despite the fact that they are indeed touring this year.

Really dunno how the other stage is going to pan out. Seems like there are too many candidates all of a sudden.

I'm sure they're gonna have a dance act up against Macca which means Calvin or Massive Attack, equally feels right to have a guitar band up against Swifty which means it's Foals or The National (or The Strokes 😁

Still sticking with PSB/Calvin Harris/Foals. 

55 minutes ago, mcshed said:

It wasn't billed as such but last year Kate Tempest opened with a couple of better known tracks before playing the entirety of The Book of Traps and Lessons in full.

and reduced me to a blubbering wreck...

My Daughter turned up at the end of her set, ready for a good spot for Hot Chip, and was..."whats gone on here..." as all around were i tears..

Blimey, what a performer.!

16 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

My Daughter turned up at the end of her set, ready for a good spot for Hot Chip, and was..."whats gone on here..." as all around were i tears..

Yep me too. Was sobbing! So good, though. Couldn't face the Chems after that so we went to the tiny tea tent for a bit of a wind down.

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

It was certainly the most effecting set of the weekend and the memory can still bring a tear to my eye. Well done to Hot Chip for turning the mood back to party so effortlessly afterwards.

• Upvote 1

On 1/24/2020 at 2:16 PM, Hugh Jass said:

I reckon you’ll be able to bag one on Twickets close to the time.

Well that's what I'm hoping for as well. Or maybe even using the Facebook event page, given I've also done that in the past. Might have to start getting the subscription lists up now, given I've missed out recently on tickets to quite a lot of things I wanted to go and attend.

Though the HV 10 thing is a question mark. I really want that to be a thing as its one of my favourite albums but I doubt it is as I think it would've been explicitly mentioned that it was by now. As far as I remember, I think the Homecoming festival show in Cincinnati is billed as "two unique sets" but seems to have a loose theme built around High Violet.

I think the idea of 2 shows where 1 chunk is HV in full and the other is a grab-bag of different things for each night is one option, but sounds unlikely in the context of this being billed as unique sets.

7 hours ago, charlierc said:

Well that's what I'm hoping for as well. Or maybe even using the Facebook event page, given I've also done that in the past. Might have to start getting the subscription lists up now, given I've missed out recently on tickets to quite a lot of things I wanted to go and attend.

Though the HV 10 thing is a question mark. I really want that to be a thing as its one of my favourite albums but I doubt it is as I think it would've been explicitly mentioned that it was by now. As far as I remember, I think the Homecoming festival show in Cincinnati is billed as "two unique sets" but seems to have a loose theme built around High Violet.

I think the idea of 2 shows where 1 chunk is HV in full and the other is a grab-bag of different things for each night is one option, but sounds unlikely in the context of this being billed as unique sets.

I think you’ll get half of HV one night and half the second night. It wouldn’t be fair on those who bought blindly for one night or the other if they announced a HV show now.

I’m expecting something similar to the Juicy Sonic Magic live album where they the same few staples both nights (System, November, Vanderlye, etc) but the bulk of the set lists are different.

Edited by Hugh Jass

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think you’ll get half of HV one night and half the second night. It wouldn’t be fair on those who bought blindly for one night or the other if they announced a HV show now.

I’m expecting something similar to the Juicy Sonic Magic live album where they the same few staples both nights (System, November, Vanderlye, etc) but the bulk of the set lists are different.

In fairness I think one night High Violet in full with a few other hits and one night everything else including some obscurities but no HV would actually be quite a decent project for those who are attending both. But I imagine that would require a lot of rehearsal to make work, plus like you said, it would need to be explicitly said beforehand otherwise some people who want the other show are going to be annoyed and/or engaging in a lot of ticket swaps.

That other option could work in fairness.

Edited by charlierc

On 1/24/2020 at 2:16 PM, Hugh Jass said:

I reckon you’ll be able to bag one on Twickets close to the time.

I bought three tickets with a couple of mates who will 100% sell their tickets if The National get announced for APE/Glastonbury. I'm sure there's plenty of other people out there in a similar boat, so people should be grand if they really want to go.

• 4 weeks later...

I love The National and headlining the Other is my dream slot for them, but there's zero chance I'd miss Taylor for them. I wouldn't miss Macca either, and I probably wouldn't miss Kenny (but that would be the hardest choice).

Seeing them on the Other would be epic, but I have seen them quite a few times over the last three years and all the Pyramid headliners this year will be incredibly special.

Edited by jparx

23 minutes ago, jparx said:

I love The National and headlining the Other is my dream slot for them, but there's zero chance I'd miss Taylor for them. I wouldn't miss Macca either, and I probably wouldn't miss Kenny (but that would be the hardest choice).

Seeing them on the Other would be epic, but I have seen them quite a few times over the last three years and all the Pyramid headliners this year will be incredibly special.

That's where they'll be right? Headlining The Other? I mean that makes sense. All the same, I've been daydreaming about them headlining John Peel today...