The National

Zoo Music Girl

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

I'd take the setlist from last Sunday all day - Pink Rabbits!!!

I've not posted it because I know some people don't like spoilers (sorry about Pink Rabbits - excitement).

Anyway if you want it, it's here https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-national/2019/miller-lite-oasis-milwaukee-wi-2b916832.html

I hear he didn't sing the Bona Drag line and took the time to call Morrissey a tosser instead 

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

55 minutes ago, grayfitz said:

Any word on their support for Glasgow next month yet? Can’t see anything online about it.

Haven’t seen anything which is strange as the support for the Father John Misty gig a few days before got announced a month or so ago. I’d quite happily just take an extra long National set though!

On 7/6/2019 at 11:31 AM, nikkic said:

Sup team, 

Selling 2 face value tickets for Castlefield Bowl next Wednesday. Canny make it now unfortunately, so going to do Brighton later in the year instead. 

PM me if interested or you can buy them here....

https://www.twickets.live/block/92135638806798,2

Are Brighton tickets still available anywhere?

Going tonight, and looking forward to it. Was at Castlefield last night to see Elbow with Mrs C. Hometown gig, typical singalong, lots of love to the band, quite special. I am really looking forward to see what version of ‘The National’ turn up tonight. Playing a little bit for the crowd, with some hits, or just knocking out the new stuff? Either way I trust it to be excellent, but a somewhat different vibe to last night. And probably less busy?

hope everyone going enjoys it. And it doesn’t rain......

btw Elbow played some new stuff last night. Nailed on for our village fete next year methinks.

3 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

Going tonight, and looking forward to it. Was at Castlefield last night to see Elbow with Mrs C. Hometown gig, typical singalong, lots of love to the band, quite special. I am really looking forward to see what version of ‘The National’ turn up tonight. Playing a little bit for the crowd, with some hits, or just knocking out the new stuff? Either way I trust it to be excellent, but a somewhat different vibe to last night. And probably less busy?

btw Elbow played some new stuff last night. Nailed on for our village fete next year methinks.

Lads, it's Manchester.

19 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

What's Castlefield like as a venue, do I need to get there silly early?

6 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

It’s a brilliant venue, incredibly close and intimate, although last time I went was for AF a couple of years ago and there was a hell of a queue to get in. Not sure if that’s improved since.

Maybe the gentleman who went last night could shed some light.

4 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

First time for me last night but from that experience no you don’t. It’s a wide, shallow arena. So even at the back you are not much more than 30 metres away. If you want to sit down at the back then I would imagine you have to get there early (assuming the seating is GA?). It seemed that there is a good spec where ever you stand, and it quite intimate. Not a ‘big’ gig.  

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

It’s a brilliant venue, incredibly close and intimate, although last time I went was for AF a couple of years ago and there was a hell of a queue to get in. Not sure if that’s improved since.

Maybe the gentleman who went last night could shed some light.

We got there just before 8 when Nadine Shah was playing and walked in without queuing. It was pretty full by then so not sure if there were queues early doors for those  that wanted to be on the barrier or on the seats at the back. Elbow came on at 8.45 (billed for 8.30)

3 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

We got there just before 8 when Nadine Shah was playing and walked in without queuing. It was pretty full by then so not sure if there were queues early doors for those  that wanted to be on the barrier or on the seats at the back. Elbow came on at 8.45 (billed for 8.30)

Ta, was planning to have a drink beforehand reasonably close (maybe Rain Bar or Briton's Protection) and amble over about 8ish.

One pro-tip I would give for newbies to the venue would be when you get in turn left and go up the stairs and round the back of the seating area. There's much more space on the other side of the stage and quick access to the bars and toilets.

15 minutes ago, JohnEW said:

What time is the gig likely to finish? I'm planning my train back to Preston.

Dont know what the curfew formally is but Elbow were done by 10.20 last night. Played c90 mins. Venue is in midst of flats so will have to be finished reasonably during the week. I guess it will be done by 10.30.

Edited by chuckles07

5 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Quick one though: what were the drink selection and prices like last night? Cash/card? The important bits :P

Usual gig fodder I am afraid that I saw.  Cooking lager, strongbow, and some fizzy bitter for £5 or £5.50. The bargain of the night was a (plastic) 75cl bottle of white wine for £23.00. 

• Upvote 1