Zoo Music Girl

The National

Are you there both days @grayfitz? I'm going Tuesday and will happily buy you a pint if you're there 👍 

Seems like they’ve been in the studio recording a new album based on this, hopefully we hear something new before the summer gigs. It seems like an oddly short gap between albums for The National but I suppose they did have a lot left over from Sleep Well Beast.

On 1/24/2019 at 7:41 AM, kingcrawler said:

Seems like they’ve been in the studio recording a new album based on this, hopefully we hear something new before the summer gigs. It seems like an oddly short gap between albums for The National but I suppose they did have a lot left over from Sleep Well Beast.

Just read here that they’ve finished mixing the album, so I’d hope that we’ll at least have a single before the summer gigs.

If it’s mixed it’s just about ready to go, right? Could have a new song, like, next month.

Interesting to see Shakespeare’s Sister have a new album from that sidebar. 2020 headliners.

Just saw this news myself and came to post it. Exciting! Feels like Sleep Well Beast only just came out and I definitely wasn’t expecting anything so soon. 

Just announced a couple of 'An Evening With The National...' events, including London on April 18th

Maybe it'll be the new music being premiered which is why it's got a weird billing? 

I'll get in early asking for spare presale links

distinct air of album release show around this, think they did something similar with smaller than usual shows around the Sleep Well Beast releasse....Anyone with a spare pre-sale link?

Just now, HS94 said:

distinct air of album release show around this, think they did something similar with smaller than usual shows around the Sleep Well Beast releasse....Anyone with a spare pre-sale link?

I hope it's not going to be another £75 job like the Cave gigs...

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I hope it's not going to be another £75 job like the Cave gigs...

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Just had a quick look on the RFH site, nothing up there yet.

Would imagine it'll be similar price to their Hammersmith run rather than the APE show. Hammersmith cost £45 with fees last time, would imagine £50-55 now?

If this does mean new music do you think they'll have learned from Glasto or turn up at Castlefield Bowl and play a load of stuff nobody knows?

Had a look on Live Nation for a sneaky presale, but nothing sadly.

<Clears diary for 10.00 Monday>

Gah, if this was a weekend I would be all in but in this case it would require an early finish / train down to London on Tue and day off work on the Wed. Or just a v early start on Wed... Hmm. Wonder how much...

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

On a related note I see Castlefield has finally sold out.

Good news. Should be easier for me to sell my tickets. 

All hands on deck for the Monday London gig.

Edited by nikkic

Eurgh well I'm obviously gonna try but imagine tickets will be a nightmare for this! At least it's Bank Holiday Friday so don't need to take holiday.