Jump to content

The National


Zoo Music Girl
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

You just got into them, right - this is your first time seeing them? (England always bangs, hope they play it too)

First time proper. Saw a little bit of them at GF this year but had to leave pretty early to see Solange. I already had tickets for Wednesday by this point so didn't feel bad about doing it.

Not sure which I'm more excited for: LCD tomorrow or National on Wednesday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

First time proper. Saw a little bit of them at GF this year but had to leave pretty early to see Solange. I already had tickets for Wednesday by this point so didn't feel bad about doing it.

Not sure which I'm more excited for: LCD tomorrow or National on Wednesday.

Yeah, I wouldn't count that as proper. I'd recommend getting in the thick of it, the Apollo seems tailor made for Matt and the Nationals, I have a great feeling about these gigs. I've tried my best to keep my mind off of these LCD shows, but curiosity has gotten the better of me. Times like these I wish I had a baller salary. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Yeah, I wouldn't count that as proper. I'd recommend getting in the thick of it, the Apollo seems tailor made for Matt and the Nationals, I have a great feeling about these gigs. I've tried my best to keep my mind off of these LCD shows, but curiosity has gotten the better of me. Times like these I wish I had a baller salary. 

Just do it. Eating is overrated anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad I went last night, much better setlist than tonight IMO.  Gutted I didn't get Dark Side Of The Gym though

 

September 21, 2017 || Edinburgh, UK

Nobody Else Will Be There
The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness
Walk It Back
Don’t Swallow the Cap
Sea of Love
Empire Line
Turtleneck
I Need My Girl
This is the Last Time
I’ll Still Destroy You
Lemonworld
Conversation 16
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Guilty Party
Dark Side of the Gym
Day I Die
Sleep Well Beast
Fake Empire
Wasp Nest
Pink Rabbits
Mr. November
Terrible Love

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well that was fantastic. Based on Dublin and Edinburgh it seems like the first night is more older tracks and the second the big hitters from the recent albums.

I was happy with that set tonight, would have preferred a couple more from Alligator and especially Boxer but hard to be overly fussy when they have so many great songs. Was great to finally hear Wasp Nest live though, that, Bloodbuzz and Nobody Else Will Be There were my highlights. I also loved how buzzing Aaron was during his solo on The System, he just seemed so proud of himself and was having the time of his life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Loving the new album and guilty party is becoming my favourite ever national song, Matts voice on it sounds beautiful. I know a lot of people don't like turtleneck but my let down song on the album is I'll still destroy you. The song seems all over the place and the sounds in the background don't work for me, it sounds like a ringtone. Going to see them Monday hoping for All the wine, Karen and lit up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Glad I went last night, much better setlist than tonight IMO.  Gutted I didn't get Dark Side Of The Gym though

 

September 21, 2017 || Edinburgh, UK

Nobody Else Will Be There
The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness
Walk It Back
Don’t Swallow the Cap
Sea of Love
Empire Line
Turtleneck
I Need My Girl
This is the Last Time
I’ll Still Destroy You
Lemonworld
Conversation 16
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Guilty Party
Dark Side of the Gym
Day I Die
Sleep Well Beast
Fake Empire
Wasp Nest
Pink Rabbits
Mr. November
Terrible Love

that lineup is immense, Conversation 16 is my favourite and Iive not seen them play it live before

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apollo tonight, Doors 7, Luluc 8-8:30, The National 9-10:45.

Really just posting this for an excuse to say that when I went on the Apollo's fb page to check this, I saw that Bowling For Soup are playing there in Feb, and I howled with laughter at the sight of what the Girl All The Bad Guys Want hitmakers look like in 2017. Outstanding stuff.

Sea Of Love last night, would love to get that tonight.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...