Jump to content
Zoo Music Girl

The National

Recommended Posts

Ah, yeah seems like it's there. Very strange, defo remember it being cut out the first time I watched it but maybe I'm just being stupid. Fair play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/06/2017 at 1:19 PM, Neville Street said:

Does the catch up have Mr November in it?!?!

The iPlayer programme has everything except Mr November - however, the BBC glasto site video has it, but it also cuts out Sea of Love and Turtleneck!  Why advertise them as full sets if they're not?! 

They also cut out the reference to the terror attacks when Matt introduces England and the Bloodbuzz Ohio intro as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Mr November is on iPlayer here

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p05596b0/glastonbury-2017-the-national#group=p056kg71

 

It's the full set of songs just cut down. The cut in Mr November is really obvious where they've spliced it back in.

 

Edit: my mistake, no Turtleneck

They've cut Sea of Love too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:59 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

About to catch up on iPlayer. I barely thought of them on Saturday; The Avalanches were easily the best thing I saw all weekend, and my big fat prime viewing spot for Solange's set definitely enhanced the experience. Went to Pyramid merch stand on Saturday lunch time, hoping to score a National t-shirt so that I could support them, but no merch.

They had The National t shirts at the Other stage merch stand on Sunday (not that that helps you now sorry)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

They had The National t shirts at the Other stage merch stand on Sunday (not that that helps you now sorry)

bobbins! well luckily the good lord invented the internet, so we can buy dweeby band merch and hurl insults at @dentalplan. Can you believe he doesn't even like First Aid Kit? What a herb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed these. Was obsessed with Bloodbuzz Ohio when it came out, but couldn't really get on with the album and lost interest in them.

Thought they were brilliant and the singer came across as enigmatic/ nervous/ a bit pissed rather than a knob to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

bobbins! well luckily the good lord invented the internet, so we can buy dweeby band merch and hurl insults at @dentalplan. Can you believe he doesn't even like First Aid Kit? What a herb.

To be fair, there was only one National T-shirt. It had a bison on it. It was okay, but nothing special.

 

The internet has more choice. All the choice. Every choice.

Edited by fowls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it. They're 2 for 2 in my book. New album is shaping up nicely.

I was tempted to buy LCD tickets for London, the night before The National in Manc, but couldn't justify all the travel and accommodation. What a double header that would be - anyone planning on that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christ I'm in tears as soon I put The National on. It was a beautiful set. Blabbing here like a baby. God I want to go back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New tune is decent enough, but shouldn't have been anywhere near their Glastonbury set. And Turtleneck instead of Vanderlyle was criminal.

I downloaded and relived their concert yesterday, and it once again struck me how disappointing it was with all the new songs. The crowd is so dead after The system only dreams in total darkness. Everyone just standing either watching the band halfheartedly, looking disinterested or talking to others.

In other threads I've defended bands that don't cater to casuals, like Radiohead, but playing so many songs that noone has heard before is never a good idea at festivals. Much because of how long it takes to get a crowd going again. I need my girl was unable to pick people back up properly.

Maybe I'm just wrong and the set would have worked much better on a smaller stage with a higher concentration of enthusiastic fans. Anyways, looking forward to seeing them in Oslo in november, by then I will have heard the new album a thousand times.

Edited by Anarion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Anarion said:

New tune is decent enough, but shouldn't have been anywhere near their Glastonbury set. And Turtleneck instead of Vanderlyle was criminal.

I downloaded and relived their concert yesterday, and it once again struck me how disappointing it was with all the new songs. The crowd is so dead after The system only dreams in total darkness. Everyone just standing either watching the band halfheartedly, looking disinterested or talking to others.

In other threads I've defended bands that don't cater to casuals, like Radiohead, but playing so many songs that noone has heard before is never a good idea at festivals. Much because of how long it takes to get a crowd going again. I need my girl was unable to pick people back up properly.

Maybe I'm just wrong and the set would have worked much better on a smaller stage with a higher concentration of enthusiastic fans. Anyways, looking forward to seeing them in Oslo in november, by then I will have heard the new album a thousand times.

Playing that many new songs isn't just not catering to casuals, it's not catering to fans either. Although really I think much of the fault for what was musically a brilliant set falling a bit flat is down to Glastonbury butting them in a completely wrong set. But we all knew that. I enjoyed it, at least.

New song is nice tho doesn't grab me like the last one did. Album is looking exciting though, I can definitely see all these coming together into something really compelling. Turtleneck will be a banger, no doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jparx said:

Love it. They're 2 for 2 in my book. New album is shaping up nicely.

I was tempted to buy LCD tickets for London, the night before The National in Manc, but couldn't justify all the travel and accommodation. What a double header that would be - anyone planning on that?

I was gonna do that but settled for seeing LCD in Manchester the weekend before instead. So many good gigs to look forward to in September though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This (Guilty Party) and I'll Still Destroy you are for me the two best songs on the album (and they're back to back). For those not grabbed by the new songs they played live at Glastonbury, I'd say Turtleneck, Walk It Back and The Day I Die are my three least favourite songs on the album. Walk It Back certainly seemed an odd choice in a set that was only an hour as it's 1) quite long, and 2) doesn't really go anywhere.  

Edited by Dog Burger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jparx said:

Love it. They're 2 for 2 in my book. New album is shaping up nicely.

I was tempted to buy LCD tickets for London, the night before The National in Manc, but couldn't justify all the travel and accommodation. What a double header that would be - anyone planning on that?

Getting back from my holiday and then The National in Manchester on Friday, LCD in London Saturday, Bon Iver in Blackpool Monday. And what a lovely weekend that will be.

New jam is well good innit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-28 at 6:35 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

bobbins! well luckily the good lord invented the internet, so we can buy dweeby band merch and hurl insults at @dentalplan. Can you believe he doesn't even like First Aid Kit? What a herb.

Wait until September as all current t-shirts are end of life and new range coming out which look awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just playing back the set on iPlayer and have to say I think the new songs are awesome and the album is shaping up to be a masterpiece.  With the new songs the tour setlist should be brilliant!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lazzareo said:

Wait until September as all current t-shirts are end of life and new range coming out which look awesome!

The new ones look like what they'd make you wear if you were employed at a stationery shop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...