Mistaken For Strangers

Apartment Story

Pink Rabbits

Don' Swallow The Cap

Slow Show

I Should Live In Salt

About Today

I Need My Girl

This is based on the limited stuff of theirs I've listened to....

11 hours ago, mario man said:

I'm currently 'warming up' again for The National - I had an amnesty from them last 12 months after over indulging previously! Still can't believe they are on the line up!!!

Moving through the albums again in prep of glasto, I've Started on Alligator, now onto Boxer.

The outcome is that I have a collection of songs that I want them to play (from these 2 albums), which is fairly different to my wish list 12 months ago - such is the strength of their work. As per latest soundings, from these two I want them to play:

Daughters of the Soho Riots

All the Wine

The Geese of Beverley Road

Mr November (of course)

Brainy

Squalor Victoria 

Slow Show 

Guest Room (my favourite National song)

Gospel

I'll surely add to this list after listening again to HV & TWFM...

Glad to see someone else mention Geese, my favourite National song. We probably won't get it at Glastonbury, though I've seen them play it once.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

You'll get most of those @McCor:)

Still haven't listened to any of the newer ones @e2p2 - are there just live versions? 

Sadly there are just live versions and the quality isn't great, but it's better than nothing for me.

Someone made a playlist with most of them on Youtube:

14 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Glad to see someone else mention Geese, my favourite National song. We probably won't get it at Glastonbury, though I've seen them play it once.

It's that chorus that gets me... We're the heirs to the glimmering world...

would love to hear it but realise it's a long shot 

18 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Probably my favorite The National's line. I once asked my waitress girlfriend but she wasnt impressed by my request. 

"Karen, put me in a chair, fuck me and make me a drink." 

On 28/04/2017 at 0:14 AM, scaryclaireyfairy said:

The line that led me to The National was the droll delivery of "when I walk into a room I do not light it up", thanks to 6Music making Demons song of the week when it came out.  Imagine my glee when I grabbed the album the next day and discovered my now-favourite use of the f word in a song ever immediately follows it.

On 05/05/2017 at 10:10 AM, Tuna said:

"Karen, put me in a chair, fuck me and make me a drink." 

I won't fuck us over,  I'm Mr November.

So it happened. Thst moment you connect with a band and you get them. Afraid of everyone was the song that did it followed by I need my girl . Now I'm in love wiit h pretty much everything. 

little bit worried about pre-foos crowd killing the atmosphere in the quieter bits. But fingers crossed 

On 2017-5-4 at 10:48 AM, e2p2 said:

Sadly there are just live versions and the quality isn't great, but it's better than nothing for me.

Someone made a playlist with most of them on Youtube:

I must have been living under a rock because this is the first time I've heard these new ones :ph34r:

2 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Yeah but so much is conveyed in that one Demons 'fuck'.

Oh I know, that is the best. But looking at those other two National examples, you've actually got a decent shout at the top 3 best "fuck"s in music from one band alone.

Edited by fightoffyour

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Oh I know, that is the best. But looking at those other two Naional examples, you've actually got a decent shout at the top 3 best "fuck"s in music from one band alone.

I WON'T FUCK US OVER I'M MR NOVEMBER!

• Upvote 2