Fake Empire

Encore:

Lean

(Live Debut)

Humiliation

Mr. November

Terrible Love

Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks

Don't think it's been posted in this thread, but there's a film out on the National currently - (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2737310/) Mistaken for Strangers. It's playing at the Leeds International Film Festival now. Ironically, it's filmed by the lead singer's brother, who's not really into them.

http://www.leedsfilm.com/films/mistaken-strangers/

In a brilliant subversion of the standard rockumentary, Tom, the younger brother of Matt Berninger, lead singer of ascendant indie darlings The National, went on tour with the band as a roadie with camera in tow. A metalhead at heart, Tom is more interested in the people and occasion than the band themselves. Proving consistently ineffectual as a crew member, he’s often treated as an irritant by his subjects, but proves himself a consistently inventive filmmaker capturing a wealth of compelling and intimate, funny and moving footage of the heady experience of a touring rock band on the rise.

Thanks carlosj :) Not heard about this - sounds really interesting! They're a band I don't know much about as people.

You're welcome. Get yourself to Hyde Park Picture House in t'Leeds tomorrow then ;)

It's currently ranked 3rd film by the overall viewers. I liked 'My Sweet Pepper Land', set on the Iran/Turkey border. OK, so I sound like a lovey, but I'm stewarding and get to see a variety of films for free.

You're welcome. Get yourself to Hyde Park Picture House in t'Leeds tomorrow then ;)

It's currently ranked 3rd film by the overall viewers. I liked 'My Sweet Pepper Land', set on the Iran/Turkey border. OK, so I sound like a lovey, but I'm stewarding and get to see a variety of films for free.

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal!

Yeah I wish I could! Just had a look and it seems it's not on in London any time soon. Will have to get the DVD then.

See! Us Yorkshire folks don't need to come down to that smelly London. ;)

What with that and Wild Beasts looks like you're becoming a cultural black hole!

To be fair Scruffy, I just refer to the place as South South Yorkshire, so no-one feels excluded.

You got to feel a little sorry for them midlands' folk. They're southerners, referred to by you lot as Northerners. They don't really belong anywhere.

It's about there that the beer starts to be flat as piss too.

Wolverhampton has a place in my heart though, for it is the first place I saw Nick Cave. God knows what he was doing playing there mind.

You got to feel a little sorry for them midlands' folk. They're southerners, referred to by you lot as Northerners. They don't really belong anywhere.

It's about there that the beer starts to be flat as piss too.

Oi! I emigrated to the Midlands from Surrey years ago and love it. Apart from the accent it has a lot going for it! :D

So are you Nationalling tonight then? Or too hungover? (Yes I am making The National into a verb - deal with it!)

I am sooooo hungover! :(

You may have turned Nationalling in to a verb but I've turned it in to a soap opera. I still haven't made my mind up! ;)

Im also very angry with myself about last night so need to give myself a stern talking to!

I am sooooo hungover! :(

You may have turned Nationalling in to a verb but I've turned it in to a soap opera. I still haven't made my mind up! ;)

Im also very angry with myself about last night so need to give myself a stern talking to!

It's a tough one. That's why I put those gigs two days apart because the older I get the worse I am at recovering from a night out.