The National

Zoo Music Girl

Given the relatively small pool of potential headliners according to a lot of people, I could definitely see them pushing for it if the next album follows the trend of the rest and is laced with quality.

They might not be mainstream or break records for sales figures, but they have received massive critical acclaim over many years now and that still, I think and hope, counts for a lot

Given the relatively small pool of potential headliners according to a lot of people, I could definitely see them pushing for it if the next album follows the trend of the rest and is laced with quality.

They might not be mainstream or break records for sales figures, but they have received massive critical acclaim over many years now and that still, I think and hope, counts for a lot

Next album will be a fair while away yet, I would say. Almost certainly not next year, maybe in time for 2016.

Next album will be a fair while away yet, I would say. Almost certainly not next year, maybe in time for 2016.

Definitely not next year. 2016 might be a decent possibility.

Despite the many inevitable naysayers, I think they would nail it big time.

Seen them live half a dozen times now and it's never anything less than top class.

I'd say Matt would go through at least two bottles of vino during a headline slot.

He'd be plastered

Definitely not next year. 2016 might be a decent possibility.

Despite the many inevitable naysayers, I think they would nail it big time.

Seen them live half a dozen times now and it's never anything less than top class.

I'd say Matt would go through at least two bottles of vino during a headline slot.

He'd be plastered

It goes without saying that I'd be all over that, and they've certainly got a large enough back catalogue to put up an accomplished, first-class set. I don't think they'll get the call for the Pyramid headline however. Perhaps second on the bill or top of the Other Stage. Still, you never know, it took Rem until 1999 to get their first crack at it, and wider success is coming to The National relatively late in their career so maybe there's plenty of time yet.

It goes without saying that I'd be all over that, and they've certainly got a large enough back catalogue to put up an accomplished, first-class set. I don't think they'll get the call for the Pyramid headline however. Perhaps second on the bill or top of the Other Stage. Still, you never know, it took Rem until 1999 to get their first crack at it, and wider success is coming to The National relatively late in their career so maybe there's plenty of time yet.

Definitely plenty of time.

Hard for me to know how popular they are in the UK, but going by their tour sales and the reaction to their 6 Music Festival performance I'd say pretty big.

They're hugely popular in Ireland I think, almost beloved at this stage

Definitely plenty of time.

Hard for me to know how popular they are in the UK, but going by their tour sales and the reaction to their 6 Music Festival performance I'd say pretty big.

They're hugely popular in Ireland I think, almost beloved at this stage

Bigger in Europe than they are in England, I'd say. They always get headline slots at European festivals and rarely do so in England. Although perhaps the Ally Pally and o2 shows would contradict that somewhat.

Coming into this thread I'm either under-estimating (massively) the popularity of The National, or taking this in the same way to when you said The Strokes could headline the pyramid.

The Strokes (at their height) were more popular than The National are now or have ever been, no question about that.

Although I think you're underestimating their popularity a bit given the wording in your message.

At their height, The Strokes would certainly have been big enough to headline Glasto.

Whether they would have been good enough is open to debate.

The National are still growing in popularity (they haven't sold out to gain popularity) and I think would need another critically acclaimed album to really push for the chance, but in terms of delivering the goods, they would do that better than the vast majority of acts mentioned in any headliner thread this year or most other years

The Strokes (at their height) were more popular than The National are now or have ever been, no question about that.

Although I think you're underestimating their popularity a bit given the wording in your message.

At their height, The Strokes would certainly have been big enough to headline Glasto.

Whether they would have been good enough is open to debate.

The National are still growing in popularity (they haven't sold out to gain popularity) and I think would need another critically acclaimed album to really push for the chance, but in terms of delivering the goods, they would do that better than the vast majority of acts mentioned in any headliner thread this year or most other years

Nicely put. Oh to hear the opening bass notes of Afraid Of Everyone floating out from under that Pyramid with all the flares and flags flying around me. I could die happy.