The National

Zoo Music Girl

8 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I think you have to be signed up to their (Ticketmaster's) email list with The National specifically selected as one of your favourite artists 

Thanks - didn’t realise that! Assuming it’s too late for todays sale now but I’ve done it just in case!

30 minutes ago, lazzareo said:

I'm starved of live National since Covid kicked in so I've booked APE and Manchester! Taking my daughter to APE as she's never seen them live and out with my wife for the Manchester gig! 🙂

See if you can get a lift back up with them.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, nikkic said:

First show in 900 days last night in Pamplona. 

What a set list this is! Few new ones there which (hopefully) means the new album is imminent. 

937FB8A0-0B2D-42F0-9E12-44EAFC4E2448.jpeg

That is a dream set list!

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

What a set list this is! Few new ones there which (hopefully) means the new album is imminent. 

Seeing them at Primavera on Friday and I’ll be over the moon if the setlist is even close to resembling this. Was anticipating them still going heavy on the I Am Easy to Find stuff but thankfully it looks like they’ve dropped a lot of that in favour of a more ‘greatest hits’ type set. Looking forward to it.

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Seeing them at Primavera on Friday and I’ll be over the moon if the setlist is even close to resembling this. Was anticipating them still going heavy on the I Am Easy to Find stuff but thankfully it looks like they’ve dropped a lot of that in favour of a more ‘greatest hits’ type set. Looking forward to it.

I'd take Hey Rosey over Graceless personally but otherwise will be over the moon if we get something like this on Friday 😆

Should be a great set and really looking forward to checking out a new festival. 

Got tickets for Manchester in August, and wow - that setlist couldn’t be any better could it!! Straight into it too with a run of some of my favourite songs. If it’s anything like that (which I assume it will be) then I’ll be over the moon. 

13 hours ago, nikkic said:

Yeah saw that, great set list. I hope we don’t get a new album before the end of the summer as I’d rather see them play something like this whereas they have a habit of going very new album heavy after they release one (which is of course fine I’d just rather have a mix, saying that I’d also rather they play way more from Alligator but I know that’s never gonna happen these days) 

10 hours ago, zeppelin said:

I'd take Hey Rosey over Graceless personally but otherwise will be over the moon if we get something like this on Friday 😆

Should be a great set and really looking forward to checking out a new festival. 

Love Hey Rosey too (even named my daughter after the song, albeit with slightly different spelling) but Graceless slaps, if we’re ditching anything from this set it’d be Day I Die! 

7 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Yeah saw that, great set list. I hope we don’t get a new album before the end of the summer as I’d rather see them play something like this whereas they have a habit of going very new album heavy after they release one (which is of course fine I’d just rather have a mix, saying that I’d also rather they play way more from Alligator but I know that’s never gonna happen these days) 

Yeah I’d love to hear Geese Of Beverly Road, Daughters Of The Soho Riots of Lit Up, they’ve evaded me live so far. 

28 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Love Hey Rosey too (even named my daughter after the song, albeit with slightly different spelling) but Graceless slaps, if we’re ditching anything from this set it’d be Day I Die! 

Nice! Hey Rosey was definitely my standout from I am Easy to Find. 

That's fair, I just find Graceless always falls flat live. Maybe this time will be different 🙂

Either way, we're gonna have a blast! 

8 hours ago, 1986 said:

It’s a fine set list but I’m not sure why they’re still banging out the same encore from the last 8 years.

It’s a classic! Hard to see past Mr November and Vanderlyle anyway. Terrible love could be moved for something else. Fake Empire makes a great opening encore song as well.

44 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

It’s a classic! Hard to see past Mr November and Vanderlyle anyway. Terrible love could be moved for something else. Fake Empire makes a great opening encore song as well.

It is you're right. It's the Vanderlyle sing along I think they could maybe change, I've seen them quite a few times now and its never quite felt like the moment they're aiming for. 

3 minutes ago, 1986 said:

It is you're right. It's the Vanderlyle sing along I think they could maybe change, I've seen them quite a few times now and its never quite felt like the moment they're aiming for. 

I go absolutely mad for the Vanderlysle singalong! But it's better at their gigs than festivals for obvious reasons. 

I'd be absolutely gutted if they dropped it though.