The National

Zoo Music Girl

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m sure I saw somewhere that they were sacking off the High Violet shows as the time had come and gone.

Shame. Favourite album of theirs so that in full would've been cool.

Not unprecedented to see full LPs on numbers other than the big anniversaries tbf - I saw Bloc Party do Silent Alarm in full for the 14th anniversary and Green Day play Dookie in full on the 19th anniversary. But if they'd rather do something else, that's their choice.

The Brixton shows were, IIRC, originally planned to be two completely different setlists so I guess it's not inconceivable that they might do HV in full one night, would love to hear it. Probably my favourite of theirs.

Just now, Radiochicken said:

No one worried they won’t bother at all or it’ll be moved to 2022?

Well to be honest I bought a ticket with the knowledge that it won't take place in May and the expectation that it will be postponed until next year. I can't see many, if any at all, US based acts coming over this year. They need a European tour to make it work and that's not going to happen this year. Hoping that they don't do a Nick Cave and cancel altogether.

2 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Well to be honest I bought a ticket with the knowledge that it won't take place in May and the expectation that it will be postponed until next year. I can't see many, if any at all, US based acts coming over this year. They need a European tour to make it work and that's not going to happen this year. Hoping that they don't do a Nick Cave and cancel altogether.

Really hope not too! My guess would be a delay by a year again....... and then on the other hand pray it’s rescheduled for 22nd June...!

• 1 month later...

Nobody seems to have mentioned that the Brixton shows have been cancelled. Not postponed - cancelled. As far as I can see I never even got an explanation from the band (I mean, obviously I know why it's cancelled, everyone goes through the social hope of sending a message with the Tickemaster email saying they are so disappointed but .... ). Just an announcement about how excited they are about the rescheduled shows (not including Brixton). Poor form.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

A new album would make sense given they've rolled their dates over for next year. It has been a couple of years since I Am Easy To Find after all. 

Fingers crossed - IAETF turned into one onr of my most listened albums ever! 

11 hours ago, scattered_screens said:

and changed their website, big photo of them live on the front now instead of the IAETF images, the lights seem to be of the violet colour..

Things are happening! 

Also posted:

"Tickets are now on sale for six European and UK shows scheduled to take place in June 2022. Additional 2022 performances by The National in Europe, the UK and the US are planned and will be announced in the coming months."

Wonder if the new dates will be a tour to support a new album, per Swedge, or just a replacement for Brixton. 

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Anyone who bought tickets to their Brixton Academy shows know what’s happening with tickets? I’ve lost track…

Mine were refunded. 

I presume they're going to announce an APE show or something so didn't rebook Brixton. That or Brixton was booked up.