The National

Zoo Music Girl

12 hours ago, nikkic said:

Thanks for this. 

True to form, The National are my most popular artist of all time. 

They also occupy 10 of my top 20 songs. 

However, in a strange twist, my top song is apparently Disco Love by The Saturdays. Turns out it’s my wife’s “gym song”. FFS. 

Sure!

Good recommendation @Johnkhutch, interesting stuff. The National are my current number one but drop down a place in the 'all time' list to Thom and the lads.

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Sure!

Good recommendation @Johnkhutch, interesting stuff. The National are my current number one but drop down a place in the 'all time' list to Thom and the lads.

Number 3 of all time for me, also behind Thom and the lads as well as Flo, with Nobody Else Will Be There being my #8 of all time.

18 hours ago, st dan said:

Anybody know the confirmed release date for Matt’s solo album? My Apple Music is showing 16th Oct, but can see a lot of articles reporting 2nd Oct (this Friday).

34795E9E-B55C-4EBD-B62B-CEB772FBE7B3.jpeg

I need to know when to start getting excited ...

Metacritic says tomorrow!

• 3 weeks later...

I've just got in from the pub (within my bubble!) and put High Violet on so was nice to see this thread on the front page.

Only listened to Matt's solo effort once yesterday but hoping to give it a proper uninterrupted listen tomorrow, if not before my flatmate gets home tonight. Enjoyed what I heard yesterday but was cooking and not giving proper attention to it at the time.

On 10/17/2020 at 7:11 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Been enjoying Matt’s solo record today, it’s pretty much National-lite, but that’s what I expected really.

Loved So Little is the stand for me so far and could stand next to the band’s best work.

On my 3rd listen now.

Like all National albums, it's getting better with every listen, going to order the vinyl tonight. 

Just love his voice. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, nikkic said:

Just managed to grab a ticket for the Brixton show in May, from Ticketmaster if anybody else needs one. 

In the seats and will obviously be rearranged but glad to be able to go. 

Thanks for the heads up on that. Bagged one for the Tuesday, up in the circle but better than not going at all. Just hope that I can make the rearranged date!

23 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Thanks for the heads up on that. Bagged one for the Tuesday, up in the circle but better than not going at all. Just hope that I can make the rearranged date!

I’m up in the circle too. 

As you say, better than not being there. 

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Be interesting to know if they were/still are planning to do anything around the High Violet anniversary. Although that said it’ll probably be the TWFM show by the time the gig finally happens!

I’m sure I saw somewhere that they were sacking off the High Violet shows as the time had come and gone.