Bloodbuzz Ohio
Graceless 
Rylan
All The Wine
Light Years
Daughters Of The Soho Riots
Nobody Else Will Be There

Incredibly tough this. 

I’ve got no songs from Boxer, which is one of my favourite albums. 

On another day I could have half that album in my top 10.

There in lies the beauty of this band. 

In fact the only post Cherry Tree song of theirs I actively dislike is Turtle Neck. 

Yeah I think I agree with this. The run from Alligator to I Am Easy to Find is sensational and I think Turtleneck is the only real misstep in there. I listened to Sleep Well Beast the other day and it still holds up really well other than that song which just ruins the flow. Day I Die and The System... are both similarly upbeat songs by The National standards but they manage to fit into the album fine, Turtleneck just feels a bit out of place and inferior to the other songs. 

20 hours ago, nikkic said:

Evening team,

Mrs C gave birth to baby number 2 this morning, a beautiful little girl called Rosie, which was obviously my idea.

Vanderlyle, Rylan, Carin, Karen and Abel were all quite rightly vetoed. 

Congrats! 

Also relieved to hear I can still call my first born "Turtleneck" as planned. 

On 9/16/2020 at 4:11 PM, SwedgeAntilles said:

Congrats! 

Also relieved to hear I can still call my first born "Turtleneck" as planned. 

On 9/16/2020 at 4:19 PM, Quark said:

Congratulations dude 

On 9/16/2020 at 4:48 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Congrats pal!

<Raises glass to Rosie>

17 hours ago, e2p2 said:

😂😂

Congrats!! 

Cheers people!

7 hours ago, 1986 said:

Anyone listened to the Bartees Strange ep of National covers? I hadn't heard of him before this but they're pretty good. He did Lemonworld as well so he obviously knows what's up.

His debut album is out next Friday and from the songs out so far, it's going to be amazing. Been a big fan of his for a while now.

• Upvote 1

Ok so my niece is the biggest The National fan ever and I have been to various festivals with her to see them - had not quite ever really got into them although have found them growing on me and last time I saw them at APE was surprised how many songs I knew and really enjoyed it. Have been listening this afternoon in the garden to I am Easy to Find and am officially declaring that I really like this band! 

4 hours ago, sedra said:

Ok so my niece is the biggest The National fan ever and I have been to various festivals with her to see them - had not quite ever really got into them although have found them growing on me and last time I saw them at APE was surprised how many songs I knew and really enjoyed it. Have been listening this afternoon in the garden to I am Easy to Find and am officially declaring that I really like this band! 

Welcome aboard!

2 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

In no particular order;

Terrible Love (Alt Version)

Rylan

Carin at the Liquor Store

Nobody Else Will Be There

This is the Last Time (bonus fact: it's apparently my most played Spotify song of all time)

Apartment Story

Lucky You

City Middle

Bloodbuzz Ohio

Sorrow

Great work. Stellar list right there.

Also, how did you find this out?

Apologies if this has already been done in here (if anyone has, you lot probably have). But inspired by this:  

On 9/25/2020 at 11:33 AM, 1986 said:

Anyone listened to the Bartees Strange ep of National covers? I hadn't heard of him before this but they're pretty good. He did Lemonworld as well so he obviously knows what's up.

I've been trying to find some more good National covers.

The only one I know is:

Any others you'd recommend? Cheers!

5 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

Thanks! 

Obscurify is where I got it from; shows top artists/tracks from all time and the last six weeks! Can import it to a playlist, too.

Thanks for this. 

True to form, The National are my most popular artist of all time. 

They also occupy 10 of my top 20 songs. 

However, in a strange twist, my top song is apparently Disco Love by The Saturdays. Turns out it’s my wife’s “gym song”. FFS.