The National

Zoo Music Girl

I don't know whether to gamble on a night, or try and get tickets for both. Then I have no idea if I have enough holiday to use, or if I can work from home from my mate's in London. 

Genuinely very annoyed about it being Mon/Tues. 

Also not sure what to expect without confirmation of HV10. 

16 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I don't know whether to gamble on a night, or try and get tickets for both. Then I have no idea if I have enough holiday to use, or if I can work from home from my mate's in London. 

Genuinely very annoyed about it being Mon/Tues. 

Also not sure what to expect without confirmation of HV10. 

I imagine its just both sets will be HV heavy. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just mentioned it to Mrs Jass...

She pointed out that our second child is due in April and in May/June I’m already going to Glastonbury, Nick Cave, APE and three Euro 2020 matches.

The rest of what she said can’t really be posted on here...

So... You're coming? 

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But what are you hoping for?

I'm seeing them in Stockholm a couple of days before those London dates (Saturday 30th) which should give me my National fix for the year but them closing the festival on Sunday night would be a dream.  

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just mentioned it to Mrs Jass...

She pointed out that our second child is due in April and in May/June I’m already going to Glastonbury, Nick Cave, APE and three Euro 2020 matches.

The rest of what she said can’t really be posted on here...

It’s not like it’s your 1st kid....

o2 Brixton is by far my favourite London venue so very excited for this. Would imagine they'd have said if one was a HV anniversary show, mind. Bit naff they're on sale a week and a half before payday, too 😛

Cherry Tree presale starts tomorrow 10am btw for anyone whose a member!

Edited by Johnkhutch

6 hours ago, nikkic said:

100% in for this after I couldn’t make Brighton. 

Does amaze me how long they’ve been touring now. 

Surely after the Summer they’ll have a bit of time off? 

Matt Berninger said in NME a month or two ago that he'd begun doing a solo project so I imagine he might wanna switch focus to finishing that.

I'd have been up for new EL VY tbf - I gave it a listen yesterday for the first time and thought it was cool.

3 hours ago, 1986 said:

I've not been to Brixton o2 but that's pretty small or 'intimate' for them these days isn't it? 

I'd say this makes Glasto less likely now.

On the Sleep Well Beast tour they did 4 nights at Hammersmith Apollo and I think that venue is about the same size as Brixton Academy.

I like the idea of one night being High Violet heavy and the other being a more request-like show, similar to what they did at Pukkelpop last year. But equally, by that logic, I'm way more fussed by the HV stuff so it would be a gamble as a ticket buyer. Tbf it is the same language used for the Homecoming stuff in Cincinnati to bill it as "unique sets".

Still game though - I didn't go to the Hammersmith Apollo residency, All Points East, BST Hyde Park or the December shows, despite interest in all of these. Only time I've seen them is in Italy, weirdly. But equally, I doubt I'll be able to get a ticket this week.

Edited by charlierc