The National

Zoo Music Girl

On 12/3/2019 at 2:12 PM, 1986 said:

Do they know it?

This would be the dream, particularly after Bon Iver hopes going in the Bin Iver.

There was an interview they did with Zane Lowe where I think it was Bryce was quite down on it, felt they (Paraphrasing) blew it by playing too many songs. Lowe was very complimentary obviously but Bryce needed reassuring.

We were originally going to skip this tour since we're heading to NYC at the end of the week and wanted to save cash, but just bagged two tickets for £50 from a friend so we'll be in Notts on Tuesday. 

Seen them three times and they've never played England, so that's probably top of the wishlist. Saw they covered Ohio recently as well - any idea why other than them obviously hailing from there? I'd lose my shit if they covered CSN&Y ?

As one of the few who thought they were excellent in 2017 (hardly listened to them before so made no odds to me they played new songs as I’d never heard much they’d done - only caught them by chance!) and they’ve been in my top 2 most listened on Spotify since - I am really looking forwards to seeing them at Leeds tomorrow!

Fantastic last night, one of the best I’ve seen them. In fact, everything about the night was brilliant:

Started on the pier by winning a toy penguin on the rolly dolphin ball game. Then Mrs Jass and I wandered around the Lanes trying to find a pub that wasn’t heaving. Finally found one where we could sit and ended up having some of the best pub food I’ve ever had. Then I checked my phone to discover I’d won 100 quid on the football!

Got to the venue about 8, couldn’t find a tour anywhere so went up to the info desk on the off chance that anyone had any spare seating tickets for Mrs J. The nice lady behind the counter swapped our standing tickets for front row of the balcony directly facing the stage, dead centre! It said on the tickets that were VIP comps so obviously for friends of the band or label who hadn’t turned up. Absolutely ridiculous, the best view I’ve ever had at a gig. The photo below pre-gig doesn’t really do it justice.

Then the band themselves were brilliant, they sounded fantastic. Setlist was IAETF heavy, but heavy on all the best bits. Great to hear stuff like Lemonworld get an outing too and I finally understand the Vanderlye singalong at the end!

Best gig I’ve been to in ages.

C818E441-BD58-4615-BF09-F97329BADAF7.jpeg

A1A511D5-A0EA-456F-8068-880E473B793C.jpeg

FCC3DFF4-999D-489D-98CE-D7B280879D23.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Fantastic last night, one of the best I’ve seen them. In fact, everything about the night was brilliant:

Started on the pier by winning a toy penguin on the rolly dolphin ball game. Then Mrs Jass and I wandered around the Lanes trying to find a pub that wasn’t heaving. Finally found one where we could sit and ended up having some of the best pub food I’ve ever had. Then I checked my phone to discover I’d won 100 quid on the football!

Got to the venue about 8, couldn’t find a tour anywhere so went up to the info desk on the off chance that anyone had any spare seating tickets for Mrs J. The nice lady behind the counter swapped our standing tickets for front row of the balcony directly facing the stage, dead centre! It said on the tickets that were VIP comps so obviously for friends of the band or label who hadn’t turned up. Absolutely ridiculous, the best view I’ve ever had at a gig. The photo below pre-gig doesn’t really do it justice.

Then the band themselves were brilliant, they sounded fantastic. Setlist was IAETF heavy, but heavy on all the best bits. Great to hear stuff like Lemonworld get an outing too and I finally understand the Vanderlye singalong at the end!

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Glad you had a good one mate.

Gutted I missed this but too much going on at the moment. 

51 minutes ago, Northtim said:

Only second time I have seen them live (1st was 2017 Pyramid, and hadn’t listened to them much at that point).

Tonight in Leeds was flippin’ fantastic. Absolutely loved it. Got a bit of dust in my eye when they played Pink Rabbits - what a treat!!!

Same as me!  Was sat fairly far back at the Pyramid, so was my first proper National gig tonight - really enjoyed it.

I'm still no expert when it comes to the back catalogue, but glad they played England as that has become one of my favourites over the last year. And Humiliation was the very first National song I got into, thanks to a Spotify recommendation, so was nice to hear that.

Edited by Lubic87