The National

Zoo Music Girl

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Wait does that mean a High Violet show or just that there will be a lot of High Violet in it? Ambiguous at best.

I ask because I'm thinking I might end up somewhere they are this summer, probs not Glastonbury. Me and The National have a doomed history there anyway.

Itss the album plus other songs to fill 90mins or so

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Wait does that mean a High Violet show or just that there will be a lot of High Violet in it? Ambiguous at best.

I ask because I'm thinking I might end up somewhere they are this summer, probs not Glastonbury. Me and The National have a doomed history there anyway.

I don't know but I've never heard 'Runaway' live ever and this is a special song for me so if I could get half a chance to hear it that would be like...wow!!!

Edited by lazzareo

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

The snippets I saw of the 2017 show looked decent enough and NME did give it a glowing review, but I did wonder if sub-headlining Foo Fighters was a strange fit, especially if they mainly played stuff from a then still-unreleased Sleep Well Beast. I didn't know, however, that somebody in the band had said they felt it could've been a better gig.

I was at the front and it was very MEH. Foo Fighters crowd and clashed with Avalanches, the problem was they played far too much stuff from the new album before it was released and lost most of the crowd, including me, a pretty big fan! Roll on Sunday in Leeds!

7 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Now now, let's not say anything rash. 

Sorry, I'd had a couple of beers. Not actually listened to the new one at length, but j just can't get into what I've heard. Ain't for me at all. High Violet on the other hand is a bloody masterpiece and would get me back to one of their shows.

17 hours ago, Badlands said:

Based on who's potentially lined up  - I cannot see a space for them.

I'm at Leeds on Sunday. For a northerner, I've rarely drank in the city. Any suggestions on establishments? Thinking of Meatliquor for lining the stomach.

Mojo, Belgrave Music Hall, Parkside Tavern are all fairly close decent drinking establishments

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I will not have this Turtleneck bashing.

So when I went to see them in Copenhagen last week it was a bit of a meet up between old friends... So as a laugh we all wore turtlenecks. 

Not sure what we did for the reputation of Brits to the Danish. 

22 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

I was at the front and it was very MEH. Foo Fighters crowd and clashed with Avalanches, the problem was they played far too much stuff from the new album before it was released and lost most of the crowd, including me, a pretty big fan! Roll on Sunday in Leeds!

Hmmm... to me, it did feel like a peculiar fit. Glastonbury does have a few unusual head/sub-head combos (Adele+Tame Impala in 2016 comes to mind, along with Ed Sheeran+Biffy Clyro the year after) but sometimes they do seem to come off. But if they underestimated the challenge and it came across a bit iffy, then that's a bit of a shame.

I'd prefer it if it was a High Violet extravaganza, maybe in London. Though the only place that would come to mind is All Points East and I can't help but wonder if its too soon after they turned up to play the first edition in 2018.