The National

Zoo Music Girl

4 minutes ago, lazzareo said:

They seem to be heading to Europe for June 2020.  If and its a big IF and they were added to the Glastonbury lineup.  Which stage and where on the lineup do you reckon they would appear?

Headlining the Other is the only Stage I can realistically see them doing.

Still feel a bit cheated after 2017.

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Don't think they'd come back and sub the Pyramid so soon, don't think there's room for them to headline the Other given the other, more likely names in the mix. 

I kinda thought this too. 

Is The Park out of the question?

Edited by lazzareo

Surprised to see them back over here yet again, by my count that's four straight summers they've been gigging over this neck of the woods.

Hyped for Saturday though, big time. Nice to see they're mixing the setlists up, although there has been a conspicuous absence of a certain rabbit-based tune...

Edited by Hugh Jass

On 11/12/2019 at 9:09 PM, Hugh Jass said:

I had not thought of that... cheers.

Were you successful and if so, where?

I'm in a similar situation where I need to swap two Brighton Standing tickets for two seated tickets - I recently had a fall and injured my back and I'll be unable to stand for 2+ hours.

Wonder if they’d see Other headliner as a chance to right a wrong. They knew they blew that Pyramid slot in 2017. Emily has mentioned them as a potential headliner before so could fit the ‘bigger-than-normal’ description.

Wishful thinking I know....

15 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Wonder if they’d see Other headliner as a chance to right a wrong. They knew they blew that Pyramid slot in 2017. Emily has mentioned them as a potential headliner before so could fit the ‘bigger-than-normal’ description.

Do they know it?

This would be the dream, particularly after Bon Iver hopes going in the Bin Iver.

19 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Have they actually said they blew it in 2017?

46 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

Were you successful and if so, where?

I'm in a similar situation where I need to swap two Brighton Standing tickets for two seated tickets - I recently had a fall and injured my back and I'll be unable to stand for 2+ hours.

Nah, have decided I'm just going to approach a tout on the night and try and swap. Or ask in the queue...

1 hour ago, 1986 said:

Do they know it?

This would be the dream, particularly after Bon Iver hopes going in the Bin Iver.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Have they actually said they blew it in 2017?

one of them definitely referred to it as a missed opportunity or something, think it was Bryce or Aaron. Definitely gave the impression that they knew it wasn't a slam-dunk.

786334.jpg?b64lines=CkFuZCBwbGF5IGFsbCB5

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The snippets I saw of the 2017 show looked decent enough and NME did give it a glowing review, but I did wonder if sub-headlining Foo Fighters was a strange fit, especially if they mainly played stuff from a then still-unreleased Sleep Well Beast. I didn't know, however, that somebody in the band had said they felt it could've been a better gig.