The National

Zoo Music Girl

The bad were fantastic and it was a great gig ruined only by;

a) drunk idiots talking through nearly everything 

b) the band playing too many off their new record (which was obviously going to be the case, however an album like IAETF is not suited to be played live at an outdoor gig) 

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

Sorry to hear the crowd ruining it for loads. But you got Green Gloves AND Apartment Story, I've seen neither in 7(?) shows, so that's something eh.

I think I've got Apartment Story each of the three time I've seen them, but never Mistaken For Strangers.

I know the setlists on this tour are fairly predictable because of having the guests with them, but their insistence on playing Hey Rosey and So Far So Fast at festivals is mildly annoying. Could barely be less festival casuals friendly. Seeing them headline a festival here in a few weeks and already accepting that everyone is going to talk through those two....

As a big fan of the new album I really enjoyed them at BST in Hyde Park last night, but the VIP barrier thing really separates the actual fans and I thought this made the crowd very indifferent outside of a few pockets. The sound was also so-so. I think everyone was really there to see Florence.

3 hours ago, Led festivals said:

As a big fan of the new album I really enjoyed them at BST in Hyde Park last night, but the VIP barrier thing really separates the actual fans and I thought this made the crowd very indifferent outside of a few pockets. The sound was also so-so. I think everyone was really there to see Florence.

I was there last night it wasnt a VIP barrier for this gig, they didnt sell golden circle tickets like some of the other shows. We got there when Blood Orange was on, and the front section was first come first served so you got a wristband to pass in and out of the area.

I had a great time at Castelfield, also on the left maybe a third back. I did notice the drunks in my eye line but thankfully none were near me. Must have been luck of the draw.

Loved the setlist (although still no Lemonworld, one day), and its been a long time since I've seen them in such close quarters. Sorry for anyone surrounded by c**ts though as I am not the sort of person who can ignore that sort of thing either. It's the worst.

Saw them at Hyde Park but wasn't at the main stage early enough to get in front of the barrier - so annoying they reserve that thing.

Thought they were ok (seen them almost every time they're over since 2010), but I do miss the oldies, but hey, they have tunes that grow on you.

Thought FATM were fab -we were well oiled by then, so instead of enduring them I thoroughly enjoyed it (daughter + group loved them) danced ourselves stupid.

Not so convinced by the rest of the line up - a lot of bands sounded similar. But then, I was unfamiliar with all of them.

I had an incident before the National came on - unknown to me, two women had sat down behind us (group of 6 of us, rest of crowd stood up), and one had placed her beer behind my foot. I step back, punt the beer all over her. Profuse apologies met with total anger - not sure what I could have done. Eventually other crowd members told her to calm down (which resulted in us having her mates beer thrown over us - bizarre).

23 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

I had an incident before the National came on - unknown to me, two women had sat down behind us (group of 6 of us, rest of crowd stood up), and one had placed her beer behind my foot. I step back, punt the beer all over her. Profuse apologies met with total anger - not sure what I could have done. Eventually other crowd members told her to calm down (which resulted in us having her mates beer thrown over us - bizarre).

Bad vibes. Total lack of understanding with people at gigs these days. At the Castlefield Bowl gig there was an obnoxious girl who bought more beers than she could hold and put a couple on the floor but completely blocked anyone who tried to move past her in case they knocked her drinks over. Somebody was trying to make their way through the crowd and she turned to them and said "Sorry, we've got beer..." expecting him to just turn around. What is up with people?

Doesn't sound like it was your fault at all anyway. I guess some people are just weird like that. Incapable of seeing the bigger picture or putting themselves in the other persons shoes.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jyoung said:

Bad vibes. Total lack of understanding with people at gigs these days. At the Castlefield Bowl gig there was an obnoxious girl who bought more beers than she could hold and put a couple on the floor but completely blocked anyone who tried to move past her in case they knocked her drinks over. Somebody was trying to make their way through the crowd and she turned to them and said "Sorry, we've got beer..." expecting him to just turn around. What is up with people?

Doesn't sound like it was your fault at all anyway. I guess some people are just weird like that. Incapable of seeing the bigger picture or putting themselves in the other persons shoes.

Some people are just twats.

10 hours ago, jyoung said:

Doesn't sound like it was your fault at all anyway. I guess some people are just weird like that. Incapable of seeing the bigger picture or putting themselves in the other persons shoes

Imagine Jonny Wilkinsoning the shit out of the lot of them in one good hoof and going:

"Correction. You had beers."

?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Breaking my self-imposed, missing-out-on-Glasto-depression fuelled efests sabbatical to drop in and say how amazing the gig was in Dalhalla last night. An absolutely stunning venue, it's huge and was only about half full when the band came on but Matt did an amazing job of working the crowd up and creating an atmosphere. It also meant I could head down the front for the 2nd half of the gig which in turn allowed me to a) shake Matt's hand as he leaned into the crowd during Apartment Story, and b) help him get over the barrier to come into the crowd and join us for Mr November. Was an absolutely amazing experience, I'm still buzzing. Here's a few pics of the venue and the gig;

https://imgshare.io/image/lSCCp

https://imgshare.io/image/lSSsH

https://imgshare.io/image/lSbed

https://imgshare.io/image/lSlEq

https://imgshare.io/image/lSa6f

5 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Breaking my self-imposed, missing-out-on-Glasto-depression fuelled efests sabbatical to drop in and say how amazing the gig was in Dalhalla last night. An absolutely stunning venue, it's huge and was only about half full when the band came on but Matt did an amazing job of working the crowd up and creating an atmosphere. It also meant I could head down the front for the 2nd half of the gig which in turn allowed me to a) shake Matt's hand as he leaned into the crowd during Apartment Story, and b) help him get over the barrier to come into the crowd and join us for Mr November. Was an absolutely amazing experience, I'm still buzzing. Here's a few pics of the venue and the gig;

https://imgshare.io/image/lSCCp

https://imgshare.io/image/lSSsH

https://imgshare.io/image/lSbed

https://imgshare.io/image/lSlEq

https://imgshare.io/image/lSa6f

tenor.gif

The show at Mad Cool was wonderful as well. New tunes translated very well live, managed to grope Matt a few times and we even had a mini Vanderlyle sing along with a group of random Spaniards after the set.

Looks like Pink Rabbits was cut from the set though, which is gutting.

Definitely will catch them in Notts later this year. 

• Upvote 1

Was looking at their December dates. Sure bands do this sort of thing a lot but the order of the cities seems so inconvenient, Brighton > Leeds > Cardiff > Nottingham.

One for the extinction rebellion thread, work out a more ecological route next time boys.

5 hours ago, 1986 said:

Was looking at their December dates. Sure bands do this sort of thing a lot but the order of the cities seems so inconvenient, Brighton > Leeds > Cardiff > Nottingham.

One for the extinction rebellion thread, work out a more ecological route next time boys.

Will be on the availability of the arenas which are busy at that time of the year. Quick glance them, Jack Whitehall and Pete Tong are all doing them places that week. The other two probably planned much earlier so they are left with the scraps