The National

Zoo Music Girl

Thanks for the tips @chuckles07 and @Hugh Jass. Train arrives at 3.30 and I've got a Premier In booked so I'll probably have a little explore, years since I was last in Manchester, and head for the Britons Protection. If you see somebody with no hair, clearly, and a Sleep Well Beast t-shirt come and say hello. Really looking forward to this.

7 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Thanks for the tips @chuckles07 and @Hugh Jass. Train arrives at 3.30 and I've got a Premier In booked so I'll probably have a little explore, years since I was last in Manchester, and head for the Britons Protection. If you see somebody with no hair, clearly, and a Sleep Well Beast t-shirt come and say hello. Really looking forward to this.

?. Btw I think we met at Bearded Theory. In the Oxfam shop. I was volunteering myself. Maybe see you later. 

Extremely excited about this all. Will be the 5th time I've seen Matt and the lads (and ladies) and with IAETF proving a genuine challenger to No.1 on my National Album Rankings I for one am very excited about the prospect of lots of new stuff and different arrangements. Only killer being no trains back to Lancaster after about 10 past 10, so I will have to drive and not have all the wine.

1 hour ago, chuckles07 said:

Usual gig fodder I am afraid that I saw.  Cooking lager, strongbow, and some fizzy bitter for £5 or £5.50. The bargain of the night was a (plastic) 75cl bottle of white wine for £23.00. 

Many thanks! 

Shame, I was hoping for something a bit better but never expectant. 

2 hours ago, kaytee... said:

So I just got a ticket for Saturday, seriously hoping the sound isnt as shit as usualy in Hyde Park

I've been to some form of bst gig nearly every year for, must be, the last decade and never had a problem with the sound, you'll be fine! 

Very jealous, will be a great day out.

2 hours ago, kaytee... said:

lRegretting selling my ticket now but thats what happens when youre on the late shift and forget to book the day off ??‍♀️

So I just got a ticket for Saturday, seriously hoping the sound isnt as shit as usualy in Hyde Park

Sound was fine for Roger Waters last year, it's just a soulless, corporate venue.

5 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Sound was fine for Roger Waters last year, it's just a soulless, corporate venue.

In my opinion it's no more soulless than many other events. Actually it's quite a well organised and well run event. Yeah it's corporate, but I've always had a great time. 

(The diamond/golden circles piss me off big time, but that's my only criticism) 

Well then tonight was rather good. ?. 2 hours set, played a lot off the new album and most of the bangers! Great gig. Overran the curfew and finished with a crowd singalong to Vanderlyle in the rain. The band seemed to be really up for it, big time. Outstanding. 

Oh oh and Pink Rabbits was there in all its glory?

Edited by chuckles07

That was incredible. Could be my favourite show ever. That run of Green Gloves, All The Wine, Apartment Story, Day I Die and Pink Rabbits was sublime. Crowd was pretty good where I was,  and close enough to speakers to drown them out anyway. 

In the station home a couple of other people seemed underwhelmed which is a shame because it was the best time I've seen them out of 5

Magnificent form tonight, even if Matt can only remember about 60% of his lyrics! The new songs are fantastic, and what a setlist aside - probably the best I've seen them since their last Latitude headline set. Crowd wise we were about 5 rows from the front, stage left - right next to the group called out for their "bullshit" by Matt early in the gig. There were a fair few weapons on show tonight unfortunately, but not nearly enough around us to really get in the way of the show. I'd be interested to know where people whose night was ruined by the crowd were stood?