The National

Zoo Music Girl

First gig of the IAETF tour last night in Philly.

Set list:

You Had Your Soul With You
Quiet Light
Oblivions
The Pull of You
Hey Rosey
Don't Swallow the Cap
Guilty Party
Rylan
Lemonworld
Slow Show
Pink Rabbits
The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness
Graceless
Hard to Find
I Am Easy to Find
Where Is Her Head
Not in Kansas
Day I Die
Mr. November
Terrible Love
Light Years

Edited by lazzareo

42 minutes ago, lazzareo said:

First gig of the IAETF tour last night in Philly.

Set list:

You Had Your Soul With You
Quiet Light
Oblivions
The Pull of You
Hey Rosey
Don't Swallow the Cap
Guilty Party
Rylan
Lemonworld
Slow Show
Pink Rabbits
The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness
Graceless
Hard to Find
I Am Easy to Find
Where Is Her Head
Not in Kansas
Day I Die
Mr. November
Terrible Love
Light Years

Pink Rabbits!!!

11 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I'm surprised they've dropped some of the big ones like Fake Empire and Bloodbuzz but I guess they'll be regulars around festival season. I'm glad those are the news ones they're doing though, can't say I'm too fussed about hearing the others.

I would hope so. Fake Empire I could take or leave, but Bloodbuzz is perfect festival fodder, Hey Rosey not so much...

26 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I'm surprised they've dropped some of the big ones like Fake Empire and Bloodbuzz but I guess they'll be regulars around festival season. I'm glad those are the news ones they're doing though, can't say I'm too fussed about hearing the others.

They've definitely picked the right ones from the new album.  I'd hope to hear Bloodbuzz too but as we all know The National like to mix it up so suspect there will be lots of chopping and changing of tracks from the back catalogue with the 10 from the new album being the main stays all tour.

Just saw that Tonight Show performance and I just wish they had been asked to headline Glastonbury. A lot of the crowd might not know them before the show but with a performance like that, they could turn the crowd into fans. (I appreciate they didn't exactly do that in 2017, but as a headliner it wouldn't be people just waiting for the headliner as was the case in 2017) 

Instead we get the Killers... again.

6 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Got an email saying Manchester door time has changed to 6. It was originally much earlier, I believe. Does this mean there's no support? A longer set perhaps?

edit: I may be talking shit.

Got that too, looked at my booking confirmation and that says 6pm too so not sure why they've sent the email out -- maybe there's another time on the printed tickets I don't know

4 hours ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Just saw that Tonight Show performance and I just wish they had been asked to headline Glastonbury. A lot of the crowd might not know them before the show but with a performance like that, they could turn the crowd into fans. (I appreciate they didn't exactly do that in 2017, but as a headliner it wouldn't be people just waiting for the headliner as was the case in 2017) 

Instead we get the Killers... again.

Headlining The Other is the slot they should have been given. 

Really curious as to who the support will end up being; not that I'm expecting a big name. 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Are they taking the IAETF collaborators out on tour with them? Or will it just be them and maybe some extra vocals over the top?

Mina, Bryce's wife, has been at all the gigs so far AFAIK, and I'd expect her to be performing for the whole tour.

Kate Stables (This Is The Kit) played several, but has her own gigs over the summer, so probably unlikely to appear unless she's on the bill too.

Don't think Lisa Hannigan has appeared with them yet, but she's playing a festival in Ireland with them at least, so will probably appear there and in other places if on the bill, same as Kate.

don't think Gail Ann Dorsey has appeared anywhere, and doubt she will.