The National

Zoo Music Girl

24 minutes ago, jyoung said:

They go heavy on the new stuff whenever they release something, don't they? Hoping for a bit more balance in Manchester. That said, I haven't listened to the new record yet so perhaps I'll change my mind.

you will

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah, opening with ten new songs in a row is a bit much.

Hopefully they’ll have mixed it up a bit by Manchester.

but yes, back-to-back is probably a bit much. Is this just a carry over from the 'special evenings' but full length set? It was a one-off gig. Nothing for a month now.

Got a link for pre-sale with Live Nation this morning. Had a look for curiosity and they were only £2.25 more expensive from the band's pre-sale I purchased the day before so not too bad. Still, fees in general are a rip off.

38 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Got a link for pre-sale with Live Nation this morning. Had a look for curiosity and they were only £2.25 more expensive from the band's pre-sale I purchased the day before so not too bad. Still, fees in general are a rip off.

Is it a generic link? 

Oh it seems they only have one for Cardiff :(

Not sure why I'm worrying, I really can't see anywhere other than Brighton selling out quickly. 

Edited by zeppelin

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Is it a generic link? 

Oh it seems they only have one for Cardiff :(

Not sure why I'm worrying, I really can't see anywhere other than Brighton selling out quickly. 

Where is the cardiff one out of curiosity?

EDIT: Found it. Going to see The National in Cardifffffff! 

Edited by Diva Sam
i bought a goddamn ticket didnt i.

Bagged a pair for Cardiff and very excited. Only ever seen them once live before (recent Glasto), so looking forward to a full show with long set. 

How long before we can get a semi-accurate read on the type of setlist we might get?

i guess just how much new album vs previous work

hoping to get a fair chunk of the latter but don’t know how realistic that is 

2 minutes ago, Divein said:

New record is a masterpiece.

Highlights for so far but subject to change;

Rylan

Oblivions

So Far So Fast.

Does anyone have a of who guests on what? It's difficult to piece together on google. 

I was looking for this. I remember seeing a track list with the special guests listed but I can't find it at all now.

I've been looking forward to the album since it was announced. With the length and all the guests, I've been a little bit worried that it would somehow be diluted, but have been cautiously optimistic anyway.

Great to hear all the positive reaction on here.

However, putting it on this morning, I can't bring myself to listen to it. Got to Quite Light (track 2), and it broke me. Going through a break-up this year, and I don't think a song has ever punched me in the gut so immediately.

Will hopefully be able to get around to it soon...

Haha saved myself a massive £2 by waiting for general sale. But either way, Leeds sorted! 

Going to be a good weekend. Got White Lies in London on the Friday playing the first album in full and then finish the weekend with The National. 

Didn't click with me on first listen which is a shame, second side seemed much better than the first though. Feel like the tempo of some of their later releases just doesn't stand up to, well, Boxer and Alligator, which are what I think of when I think of The National, which isn't really fair for me to do. Hope it grows on repeat listens, SWB certainly did.