The National

Zoo Music Girl

Just seen while the gig was on, the French station played out their gig from Monday night, so there's good quality versions of pretty much the first set tonight (minus So Far So Fast, which was probably my favourite). Might not want to ruin it too much by listening to live versions but the downloads here;

https://send.firefox.com/download/0f13e112dfa7fd79/#cJ_pgdOrC7oKtEwdy4AzSw

Really good show, half a dozen new tracks that you would want in any future set. Oblivion, Hey Rosey,  Where is her head, Rylan, Not in Kansas all stood out. They are in danger of becoming Springsteenesque in that they could play a 2-2.5 hour set and you would still walk away saying "but they didn’t play XXX"

55 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Quiet Light and Oblivion’s sounded superb.

Oblivions was an absolute banger. 

I think it’s a genuinely different album - the girls bring a very different and refreshing vibe to the whole thing. Not many duds, though I found Quiet Light and Roman Holiday difficult to get excited about

i loved the film (though looking forward to seeing the whole screen next time) and thought the Q&A made it really special - especially the Brazilian girl from the Cherry Tree forum. How good a night did she have?!

9 hours ago, mynameismatt said:

Just seen while the gig was on, the French station played out their gig from Monday night, so there's good quality versions of pretty much the first set tonight (minus So Far So Fast, which was probably my favourite). Might not want to ruin it too much by listening to live versions but the downloads here;

https://send.firefox.com/download/0f13e112dfa7fd79/#cJ_pgdOrC7oKtEwdy4AzSw

Hmm link has expired. Would be keen to hear if anyone has this. 

Anybody local or been to the Castlefield Bowl gigs before know what the curfew is and what time the gigs usually finish? Planning in advance here but trying to work out if I'll be able to make the last train to Liverpool (11:30pm) from Deansgate?!

10 hours ago, jyoung said:

Anybody local or been to the Castlefield Bowl gigs before know what the curfew is and what time the gigs usually finish? Planning in advance here but trying to work out if I'll be able to make the last train to Liverpool (11:30pm) from Deansgate?!

I dont recall them finishing later then 11, I would think you would be fine getting the 11.30 from deansgate as its only a 10 minute walk away

On 5/1/2019 at 4:00 PM, Hawros said:

Just wanted to share this - got my poster from the Southbank gig framed. Really chuffed with it ... :)

4BCFA8C8-6A49-43DE-AFCE-D4FCCE25732B.jpeg

I got one of these but haven't gotten round to framing it yet. It is A0 size right if I just get a cheap frame off ebay?

On 5/7/2019 at 1:08 AM, HS94 said:

I got one of these but haven't gotten round to framing it yet. It is A0 size right if I just get a cheap frame off ebay?

I got this one - called 'Maxi'. The A1 frame didn't fit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wooden-Picture-Poster-Frame-Black-Silver-Beech-Oak-White-Multiple-Sizes/152700968942?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=452306901367&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649