The National

Zoo Music Girl

I go to quite a few Q&As at the cinema / record stores. While they're great, paying top $$ here for a gig at a great music venue, I'd seriously hope that the music is the main element of the evening.

In a related note, I don't have a ticket for this, and would happily take one (or more) of anyone's hands here if they did happen to have spares / changed their mind. ?

23 minutes ago, Hawros said:

I go to quite a few Q&As at the cinema / record stores. While they're great, paying top $$ here for a gig at a great music venue, I'd seriously hope that the music is the main element of the evening.

In a related note, I don't have a ticket for this, and would happily take one (or more) of anyone's hands here if they did happen to have spares / changed their mind. ?

I’m considering it and will speak to Mrs Jass. If we decide to bail you’ll be the first to know.

I think it'll still be a full length set, or at least they'll be playing the new album in full. Hence the list of guests (who the majority of which, if not all appear on the album). I would love it if they cut their set 15 mins short but just played the new album in full and a set of songs they don't play that often. The 2017 tour had great variations on setlists which I didn't think the 2018 tour had, mainly due to a lot of dates being festivals.

• 2 weeks later...

They're playing a radio show in Paris tonight too. Goes out at 9pm, it's not a Special Evenings one but I guess it might still give an idea of how many/which of the classics they'll be playing. 

https://www.franceinter.fr/emissions/very-good-trip/very-good-trip-15-avril-2019-0

Just seen someone post the setlist on reddit. This is a free show, so would be alright if they played these 11 then 7/8 hits on Thursday which is probably the best I can hope for.

Think I would have probably got rid of my ticket if it wasn't a student one I had to pick up at the box office and waited for Castlefield, but I guess it won't be completely new if I listen to the radio show a couple of times.

Edited by mynameismatt
added setlist

18 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Mrs Jass and I have decided that we’re going to pass on Thursday and keep our powder dry for Manchester. 

To that effect I’ve got two tickets for sale Row NN, face value obviously so it’s £113 for the pair. I know @Hawros was keen so I’ll give him first refusal.

Sorry, bad newbie post (long time lurker), but if @Hawros doesn't take your tickets I definitely would!

Gutted they've deleted the video from last night. Watched it a couple of times but closed the app and lost it, but sounded really good. 

Oblivions was intriguing, I liked the new version of Pull of You/Sometimes I Don't Think, and Hey Rosey and Quiet Light sounded great. Feel like I'm finally starting to look forward to Thursday now

18 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Mrs Jass and I have decided that we’re going to pass on Thursday and keep our powder dry for Manchester. 

To that effect I’ve got two tickets for sale Row NN, face value obviously so it’s £113 for the pair. I know @Hawros was keen so I’ll give him first refusal.

Thanks @Hugh Jass - yes please! It's me on my tod, so only need one, but happy to take both and find another fan to take the other.

@Brainy - If you wanted one that'd work..?

11 hours ago, Hawros said:

Thanks @Hugh Jass - yes please! It's me on my tod, so only need one, but happy to take both and find another fan to take the other.

@Brainy - If you wanted one that'd work..?

Ah that'd be cracking, thank you @Hugh Jass and @Hawros.Very kind of you both. What's the easiest way to organise it?

Wonder how the Paris gig is going?

Paris setlist;

You Had Your Soul With You

Quiet Light

Roman Holiday

Oblivions

The Pull of You

Hey Rosie

I am Easy to Find

Where is her Head

So Far So Fast (Long Pond)

Hairpin Turns

Rylan

Light Years

Not in Kansas

Bloodbuzz Ohio

I Need My Girl

Guilty Party

Fake Empire

I never got the Bloodbuzz or Guilty Party hype so could do with those being swapped out on Thursday (I reckon Bloodbuzz will be swapped for England because even though it's extremely on the nose they've played it every time i've seen them so far) but I guess the first 11 and Fake Empire will remain the same as is.

Edited by mynameismatt

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

With Game of Thrones starting again, I'm kinda wondering if they might play Rains of Castamere tbh

If they waste one of the 4-non-new slots on Rains of Castamere I'll be the guy booing from the balcony.

They do have a (another) new song on the Game of Thrones album coming out next week, I guess there's an outside chance of that but I can't see it.