The National

Zoo Music Girl

6 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Probably getting away from the point of they should write more heavy tracks. But I like it when they play non-heavy tracks live and Matt gets a bit screamy on it. Like Squalor Victoria or Graceless.

Graceless is my jam.

12 hours ago, strummer77 said:

In what sense?

It doesn't really bear any resemblance to those albums, or Trouble Will Find Me for that matter. Some of it stems from the Sleep Well Beast sessions, so there are obvious sonic similarities there. Guest vocalists very prominent, often as or more prominent than Matt. It's a very vocal-forward album, lots of electronic pulses, and very few guitars. It doesn't really sound hugely like anything they've done before. It's a beautiful artistic statement, for sure, but certainly not the album you'd have made after Sleep Well Beast if you wanted to either go for the mainstream or return to something more similar to Alligator/Boxer/High Violet. Still not really sure what to make of it at this stage to be honest.  

Edited by Dog Burger

10 minutes ago, Dog Burger said:

It doesn't really bear any resemblance to those albums, or Trouble Will Find Me for that matter. Some of it stems from the Sleep Well Beast sessions, so there are obvious sonic similarities there. Guest vocalists very prominent, often as or more prominent than Matt. It's a very vocal-forward album, lots of electronic pulses, and very few guitars. It doesn't really sound hugely like anything they've done before. It's a beautiful artistic statement, for sure, but certainly not the album you'd have made after Sleep Well Beast if you wanted to either go for the mainstream or return to something more similar to Alligator/Boxer/High Violet. Still not really sure what to make of it at this stage to be honest.  

I... I don't know how to feel about this information. 

For anyone wanting to pre-order the special super limited 3 disc coloured vinyl edition (I know some of you will) it's worth noting that Amazon* have £5 off any order over £25 today only so you can pre-order it for £32 which is considerably cheaper than anywhere else online.

*Yes, yes I know, tax.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

For anyone wanting to pre-order the special super limited 3 disc coloured vinyl edition (I know some of you will) it's worth noting that Amazon* have £5 off any order over £25 today only so you can pre-order it for £32 which is considerably cheaper than anywhere else online.

*Yes, yes I know, tax.

takemymoney.jpg