The National

Zoo Music Girl

7 minutes ago, jyoung said:

If the record soundtracks the film and they play live whilst the film screens it would be an incredible experience imo.

Oh yeah if they played it live then that would be great. I've just seen that the film is 24 minutes, so won't make too much impact either way really because I was expecting it to be twice that. 

But yeah expect the new album in full then the classics. Although i'm never sure on bands playing loads of new songs in a row (like they did at Glastonbury), no matter how good they are, so 17 in a row would be a stretch. But i guess there won't be many casual fans and it's all seated, so they could probably pull it off

2 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

Oh yeah if they played it live then that would be great. I've just seen that the film is 24 minutes, so won't make too much impact either way really because I was expecting it to be twice that. 

But yeah expect the new album in full then the classics. Although i'm never sure on bands playing loads of new songs in a row (like they did at Glastonbury), no matter how good they are, so 17 in a row would be a stretch. But i guess there won't be many casual fans and it's all seated, so they could probably pull it off

Aye, the first half of the gig will be a glorified listening party.

7 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Aye Other headliner would make a lot of sense if it didn't seemed all wrapped out/they hadn't played 2017, I suppose if I were to clutch onto the slippiest of straws I can hold out hope for a secret Park set ha!

They're not wrapped up though are they as The Prodigy were more than likely one

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Oh God! It's not a concept album is it? Those things terrify me...

Well you can say that most of their albums are kind of a concept album can't you? 

Anyway, the National can't release a bad album, even their weak albums are good! Happy to see that Rylan and Light Years are on this album. 

30 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Haven't heard the new music yet but wasn't a big fan of SWB so am starting to get a bit put off in all honesty! Do we really think it will be mainly new stuff, no classic stuff? Hmm.

Are the US shows first? Might check out the setlists and reassess....

Well the new album is like 70 minutes long, and the set is advertised at 2:30, so a lot of space to play some rareities I hope

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

True. I don't want rarities though, I want Boxer/High Violet/Alligator/TWFM please and thank you. 

You'll get that I'm sure

Really wanting Wasp Nest

In fact I'm betting there's not much SWB on this tour, they've played it heavily in the past two years

Edited by James96