The National

Zoo Music Girl

This has me stupidly excited!! Liking the sound of the single but agree with Jass the song from the trailer sounds bloody lovely, roll on May 17th. Hoping they do a tour in the winter haven't managed to grab tickets to any of their announced shows cause logistically none of them work 

I quite like the new one, surprisingly happy sounding for them. I agree that Rylan sounds better but I guess that’s because it’s more like their usual stuff. The new album has 16 songs which is exciting, the Sleep Well Beast sessions must have been really productive. Normally we have to wait at least 3 years for new material and this time we’re getting a longer album in half that time!

Also announced a European tour that begins in Poland on the 25th November. So I'd imagine UK dates will slide in before those, but won't be announced for a while yet because of the London & Glasgow shows.

I'll be honest, I'm intrigued but hoping that the film won't be shown as part of the 'special' shows, but I can kinda see it.

1 minute ago, mynameismatt said:

Also announced a European tour that begins in Poland on the 25th November. So I'd imagine UK dates will slide in before those, but won't be announced for a while yet because of the London & Glasgow shows.

I'll be honest, I'm intrigued but hoping that the film won't be shown as part of the 'special' shows, but I can kinda see it.

If the record soundtracks the film and they play live whilst the film screens it would be an incredible experience imo.

Rylan sounds bloody lovely, think You Had Your Soul will take me another couple of listens to get into the groove of it.

Praying they show up on the farm somewhere, however unlikely it might be considering they were at the last one. Wouldn't even know where to place them after subbing last time out.

1 minute ago, Johnkhutch said:

Rylan sounds bloody lovely, think You Had Your Soul will take me another couple of listens to get into the groove of it.

Praying they show up on the farm somewhere, however unlikely it might be considering they were at the last one. Wouldn't even know where to place them after subbing last time out.

Other Stage headliner I guess but I think those slots are already wrapped up (with the exception of yesterday's tragic news).

New track is on Spotify so gonna give another spin now.

1 minute ago, Johnkhutch said:

If they hadn’t played last time they’d be headlining the Other. Don’t see it happening this year though.

You Had Your Soul With You sounding much cleaner on Spotify than it did on the radio. I'm a fan. It has a completely different energy to what we're used to with The National and I can't wait to hear what follows on the record. Buzzing!