The National

Zoo Music Girl

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Florence is bigger, she’s headlined Glasto, sold out BST and multiple arena tours. The National haven’t.

Yes, I'm very confused how somebody can't reecognise that Florence is bigger than Liverpool Football Team Manager & The Lads.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah that was also weird, and again seemed like Florence sat atop somebody else's undercard, and a completely different one to this one at that.

Yeah I was saying this last night. This one looks like a National gig/undercard with Florence plonked on top and last time looked like a Kendrick gig/undercard with Florence plonked on top. Even then, though, I feel like Kendrick and Jamie xx are more suitable main supports for her than The National and Lykke Li.

Also people claiming The National are as big as Florence and the Machine :lol:

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Also people claiming The National are as big as Florence and the Machine :lol:

Maybe they meant if all 5 of them sit on top of each other's shoulders inside a big overcoat they might be taller than Florence. They might just edge it, but then again they might not, anybody's game imho.

3 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Yes, I think it's a weird billing too, I really don't see Florence as bigger than The National. Great line up though.

I think it was only the Roger Waters day that sold out early last year, the Cure sold out towards the end,  so I expect that there were cheap tickets around for the others. I can't see a Florence headlining day selling out quickly.

It's sort of almost billed as a coheadliner, anyway. The event's billed as 'Florence + the Machine and The National' and their names are the same size on the poster, so hopefully they'll get a nice long set.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah I was saying this last night. This one looks like a National gig/undercard with Florence plonked on top and last time looked like a Kendrick gig/undercard with Florence plonked on top. Even then, though, I feel like Kendrick and Jamie xx are more suitable main supports for her than The National and Lykke Li.

I don’t really think it follows, given that a bunch of artists from that 2016 undercard appeared on Florence’s latest album, and Kendrick has even more mainstream crossover than she does so probably wouldn’t drag in so many folk wanting to see Kamasi blow a tune.

Florence has always been an indie name, but one that’s broken out. Think she had the likes of Grizzly Bear and St Vincent supporting her on tour this year and Young Fathers next year. And back in the day it used to be her chums in The Maccabees and The Horrors, etc. She might be jostling with George Ezra for R1BW headline slots but she’s coming at it from a different place.

12 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yes, I'm very confused how somebody can't reecognise that Florence is bigger than Liverpool Football Team Manager & The Lads.

TBH in my case it just reflects my being massively out of touch with how big Florence is. I definitely don't think they're bigger than her, but they play similar-sized venues to my mind and The National have clearly got bigger since the last time they played BST, but I guess they must still be floating around the same pool. Like if they were headlining another day I wouldn't be surprised. But what do I know? Not much. 

I'll give this one a swerve probably, unless there are cheap tickets available. Still can't get into SWB really. 

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

She might be jostling with George Ezra for R1BW headline slots but she’s coming at it from a different place.

I don’t usually keep up with this sort of stuff but George Ezra is a headline act now!?? I always thought he was a bit of a bridesmaid / warm up act by nature but nothing more?

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t usually keep up with this sort of stuff but George Ezra is a headline act now!?? I always thought he was a bit of a bridesmaid / warm up act by nature but nothing more?

He’s on the Sheeran trajectory make no mistake, won’t get as big as the earnest ginger gimp but he’ll get bigger.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

At Glastonbury he's not. Probably not at IOW either.

Most other places he will be though. Could see him being given a day at BST.