The National

Zoo Music Girl

17 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Well worth a try. best venue in Manchester outside maybe the Albert Hall.

I'd say it's one of the best venues in the country. Out door yet feels intimate, backdrop of canals and trains is really cool, sound is great and no matter where you are you're really close to the stage.

Arcade Fire were phenomenal there and I think this could top it.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

For some reason, these have escaped me. Stuck a youtube mix on, first song started with About Today and Bloodbuzz Ohio. Yeah, I'll pop to see these if they're there. Do they have one of those songs you know but you don't know you know type songs?

I'd imagine Fake Empire might be their most recognisable. Obama used it for his inauguration 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, august1 said:

think the presale is sold out  :(

£39/£44 with fees

Presale is ON

This isn't the personal link that was being PM'd by the kind @huh? what? (which is no longer valid) and it just uses the code that they openly posted, so I'm sure it's ok to share this:

https://www.gigsandtours.com/event/the-national-sounds-of-the-city/castlefield-bowl-manchester/1290759?OfferCode=NTLctMANC

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Upvote 1

England is now very much in the mix when I think about the best National songs following the summer. What a video!

The System Only Dreams In Total Darkness was used on last years Fifa, so if you play that it might be recognisable.

Anyone want to hazard a guess at potential supports for this? Would imagine they will have a say in who plays but if it doesnt sell out then we may get someone a bit bigger.

40 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Presale is ON

This isn't the personal link that was being PM'd by the kind @huh? what? (which is no longer valid) and it just uses the code that they openly posted, so I'm sure it's ok to share this:

https://www.gigsandtours.com/event/the-national-sounds-of-the-city/castlefield-bowl-manchester/1290759?OfferCode=NTLctMANC

Doesn't seem to be working for me :(

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

It's still open for me, and I gave someone the same link and they bought tickets

Link not working for me either, unfortunately.

I'm a recent National convert - attempted to get into them for Glasto last year, but they didn't play much I recognised. Castlefield seems like a good opportunity to see them proper. Loved the Arcade Fire gig there.

Hey everyone, sorry if it has already been mentioned but I just wanted to say there is an exhibition in London on at the moment that includes the video in one of the rooms of "A lot of Sorrow" where The National played Sorrow without stopping for over 6 hours back in 2015!

I spent a good hour or so in there and it was weirdly hypnotic and enchanting! It's on until 9th December so just thought I would share incase anybody wants to try and catch it :) 

It is apart of this and is at the Strand so near Somerset House: http://www.strangedays-memoriesofthefuture.com/

• Upvote 2

That link just works for me if anyone is still trying. Got 2 tickets! Thanks to fightoffyour@efests

I know it’s not cool on this thread but is there a code for Elbow tickets? Mrs Chuckles is mad keen.......

ta

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 87 BEANS said:

Hey everyone, sorry if it has already been mentioned but I just wanted to say there is an exhibition in London on at the moment that includes the video in one of the rooms of "A lot of Sorrow" where The National played Sorrow without stopping for over 6 hours back in 2015!

I spent a good hour or so in there and it was weirdly hypnotic and enchanting! It's on until 9th December so just thought I would share incase anybody wants to try and catch it :) 

It is apart of this and is at the Strand so near Somerset House: http://www.strangedays-memoriesofthefuture.com/

Thanks for posting this! I might well go.