The National

Zoo Music Girl

10 hours ago, nikkic said:

A night of highs and lows....

High - They played 3 of my 5 “most wanted” tunes

Low - Had a massive panic attack just as they came on and had to head out of the crowd and watch from a safe spot. Bad times. 

Boo, not good. Hope you got through it ok :(

The setlist was just really safe. 

Was actually good fun until thet brought the fucking Staves out, then things got stale and the unnecessary introduction of the War on Drugs didn't really help. All of that and the singalong seemed to take a lot of energy out the last 5 or so songs, and it all ended rather abruptly. 

Before that it was good though. The 'hits' were fantastic. 

Edited by the wonderwhy

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Boo, not good. Hope you got through it ok :(

Yes thanks. Managed to pull myself together after the first few songs and enjoy the rest of set. 

I had such a good spot to begin with, had to get out of there though! 

Weird news, the Vanderlyle finish was spine-tingling at Latitude, and I was pretty far back. I did notice a lot of daytrippers that day tho, so probs if you enough of an ultra to get a bus to Suffolk, you know the words to Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks.

We were front, to the left of stage. Crowd around me was almost all couples - really happy singalong until... Mr November started then a bunch of about 6 knobs pushed passed to get to the centre. At that point Matt got off the stage and walked up to where we were.

We were not fucked over.

So they began to play Pink Rabbits tonight in Gothenburg but Matt forgot the words so threw the mic away and went onto the next song. Ffs if that happened to me I’d cry. Seriously doubting they’ll play it next Saturday now. Gutted.

Edited by Superunknown

10 hours ago, Superunknown said:

So they began to play Pink Rabbits tonight in Gothenburg but Matt forgot the words so threw the mic away and went onto the next song. Ffs if that happened to me I’d cry. Seriously doubting they’ll play it next Saturday now. Gutted.

That sucks, thought Matt had an autocue thingy on the floor. Maybe they got rid of it hence the setlist being way more similar than at the start of the tour.

11 hours ago, Superunknown said:

I'd be storming the fucking stage!

• 3 months later...

They played The Geese of Beverly Road last night.

Haven’t seen it in the set lists of this tour that much. 

I think the Sleep Well Beast tour ends soon, should mean a hiatus and some new music in 2019 hopefully. 

Hope we don’t have to wait until 2020.

It does seem like they had a lot leftover from recording Sleep Well Beast so I’m hoping for a new album in late 2019. I think they’ll still be slightly active next summer doing their own festivals but yeah, hopefully once the tour ends they’ll get back to recording new stuff pretty quickly.

• 2 weeks later...