The National

Zoo Music Girl

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

They seem to be doing it at other gigs...

They did it in Belgium as a late 10th anniversary celebration and to help make the show more special in apology for moving it to do something with Obama. They're doing it at Homecoming one night out of two, that were billed as unique sets before going on sale. They're the only ones (although I wouldn't be surprised if they did it one night in Dublin where they also have two consecutive nights).

Edited by fightoffyour

• 1 month later...

Been reading into this and I'm struggling to see the point of paying $65 to then pay another $40 for an exclusive t-shirt and presale codes when they've already announced their only UK gig for 2018.

I see they've announced another one of their own festivals in New York too, looking forward to them just becoming festival bookers during album breaks now.

48 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Been reading into this and I'm struggling to see the point of paying $65 to then pay another $40 for an exclusive t-shirt and presale codes when they've already announced their only UK gig for 2018.

I see they've announced another one of their own festivals in New York too, looking forward to them just becoming festival bookers during album breaks now.

Yeah true but it probably will be more than a t-shirt shop when it gets going. Or I'd hope so for the sake of the fans' goodwill.

7 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Same here. Seems a little steep, although yearly exclusive vinyl is appealing...

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Why Tuna ? Why do you feel like that ? :-(

Lots of reasons FF! Mostly just that I think it's a total ripoff, labels completely taking the picks with "exclusivity" and pricing -- no idea why someone would want a blue 7" for £14 or whatever. Completely lends itself to touts and things too; many many things go instantly and get thrown up online. Sure, you're totally within your right to do it - but that's got nowt to do with RSD. You're not supporting your local record store by buying of some swift geezer on eBay.

And the whole "a record store is for life, not just for RSD" etc etc. Here's a great article written by a record store owner: http://thequietus.com/articles/19946-record-store-day-2016-shops-bad-reissues-bleugh 

The idea of going to a record shop and seeing a few bands and having a chat and a beer is great -- but it's not what it's about these days, imo.

46 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They could just do the Hammersmith Wednesday set again and I'd be more than happy

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-national/2017/eventim-apollo-london-england-3e2451b.html

Still can't believe I was there the day before this ffs.

I know a lot of us complain when bands don't mix up their setlists, but when they do and you miss a perfect setlist like this (for your tastes) by one day, and get a completely average setlist, it's way more annoying.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Still can't believe I was there the day before this ffs.

I know a lot of us complain when bands don't mix up their setlists, but when they do and you miss a perfect setlist like this (for your tastes) by one day, and get a completely average setlist, it's way more annoying.

Day before you had Squalor Victoria and Abel, too. 

Harsh sandwich that. 

7 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Day before you had Squalor Victoria and Abel, too. 

Harsh sandwich that. 

Squalor Victoria would have been nice but I don't get the Abel love at all. Average National song for me. Apartment Story and Daughters of the Soho Riots probably the ones I'm most jealous of from the night before.

Pink Rabbits, Slow Show and All the Wine would probably be my top 3 picks for a National setlist, and Conversation 16 would also be up there, all of which were played the night after I went.

• 5 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I am fucking pumped for Saturday, more than I was for the Stones last week.

Five tunes I most want to hear (excluding the obvious ones and SWB which I assume will be well represented):

Pink Rabbits

Green Gloves

Graceless

Apartment Story

Lit Up

I'm seeing them the week after, desperate for Pink Rabbits. Would also love Conversation 16, Apartment Story and Fireproof. Enjoy this Saturday, will be a class gig.

4 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Let me know if you do as you can have ours cheap

Thanks mate, not the cost thats the issue it's the time! :D

If I can swing it I'll give you a shout, but would only be a solo ticket so if you get a better option then jump on it!