The National

Zoo Music Girl

Managed to hold off listening to get me through a boring week of work by looking forward to tomorrow. One day to go and honestly can't wait. Love seeing all the positive comments. Definitely the most anticipated record of the year for me. High hopes!

Edited by jyoung

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:40 AM, ghostdancer1 said:

new album in full with 4 songs after (Green Gloves, Fake Empire, Apartment Story, Terrible Love). wonder if they'll keep that up for the upcoming gigs.

The fact that Green Gloves is potentially on the slate makes me very happy.

Are they likely to take the Radiohead approach to the tour? New album heavy then rotate the favourites every night?

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Not long now peeps, in my head this is already AOTY so I hope it doesn't disappoint. 

Currently on holiday so tomorrow it'll be.... Wake up, download album, make coffee, sit by pool and listen... Bliss. 

This, American Dream, Damn, Melodrama, Let The Dancers Inherit the Party, Slowdive, Pop Voodoo (I like it), the new Wolf Alice effort...

There's going to be quite the scrap for AOTY this year.

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

This, American Dream, Damn, Melodrama, Let The Dancers Inherit the Party, Slowdive, Pop Voodoo (I like it), the new Wolf Alice effort...

There's going to be quite the scrap for AOTY this year.

Last year I had 4-5 stand out albums and then struggled to make up a top 10. This year I feasibly have 15-20 scrapping it out for those places. A stellar year for sure. 

Carin at the Liquor Store, Dark Side of the Gym, The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness, Guilty Party and Turtleneck god damn.

If this album had been released 6 months ago just think how good that Pyramid set would have been ffs.

Drums in Turtleneck sound like a Nick Cave song.

Chorus in The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness sounds like an Editors song (all I've been able to think since the first time I heard it but dunno if I ever shared the thought on here).