The National

Zoo Music Girl

27 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Would somebody please reassure me that I have the constitution to stay strong and wait until the LP comes through?

You can do it! I've decided to hold off. Got really excited earlier when I saw it had been leaked. Mid-search I came round and am now at peace with my decision. Listening to High Violet instead. 

46 minutes ago, nikkic said:

You can do it! I've decided to hold off. Got really excited earlier when I saw it had been leaked. Mid-search I came round and am now at peace with my decision. Listening to High Violet instead. 

Boxer on the turntable to tide me over. I've got a busy week, I can wait.

17 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Would somebody please reassure me that I have the constitution to stay strong and wait until the LP comes through?

We'll do it together Amy, you and I. There's enough new music flying at us from all directions to worry about this just yet.

11 hours ago, Nicklord said:

First half of I'll Still Destroy You sounds so much like one Radiohead song, I can't put my mind on it. 

First listen, it's good but it's not on par with the best albums

Thats how I feel about it at the moment- reminds me of King of limbs in places and 'sad songs for dirty lovers' I'm just fed up of synths, so I'm holding that against it for now. Hopefully it's a grower

Not listened to the leak, but little on this album for me judging by the singles. Matt's lyrics and vocal are still good, but the backing music (that's what it feels like) is awful in my opinion. I just find it so boring and formulaic, with the crappy guitar solos 3 minutes into the tracks. The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness sounds like a Nokia ringtone. 

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

We'll do it together Amy, you and I. There's enough new music flying at us from all directions to worry about this just yet.

Exactly, you known you're not listening to anything else once you've heard it, so just one last week to give the other kids a go.

15 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Exactly, you known you're not listening to anything else once you've heard it, so just one last week to give the other kids a go.

You're doing the right thing- I only relented because I go away travelling on friday morning for 2 weeks, so wanted to be able to listen to it while I do so

Dark Side of the Gym is one of their best ever songs. Bloody gorgeous, that. Empire Line and the ferocious banger Turtleneck are both also highlights on this excellent album that'll reward a lot of plays. There's a few tracks on the first half that don't quite click but I'm hoping they just need a little time.