The National

Zoo Music Girl

23 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

i'm sure you've already got your questions lined up, but I'd be interested to know what their thinking is for playing several new, unheard songs at a festival like Glastonbury, instead of playing more well-known tracks that at least some of the crowd have heard. Aaron alluded to this in an interview recently. I always think bands should basically play a "greatest hits" set at festivals where possible, but I'd love to know what bands' opinions on that are.

I'd like to know that too, but in all probability I won't get time to ask it. So much else to cover! 

3 hours ago, Dog Burger said:

Interviewing Aaron and Bryce tomorrow. My life is complete. Highlight of my journalism career. Feel a bit sick, mind! 

Unbelievably jealous. Be sure to share the interview when you can! I had the same feeling when I interviewed Frank Turner last year.

Speaking of which, any jobs going for a former student radio Head of Music? :P 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dog Burger said:

Interviewing Aaron and Bryce tomorrow. My life is complete. Highlight of my journalism career. Feel a bit sick, mind! 

Hooray, best of luck, hope all goes well. Ask them if they have any spares for their Wednesday Hammersmith gig won't you. ;)

On 8/22/2017 at 6:02 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Why I oughtta...

Mountain Stage or Rough Trade tent? I was working for the Mountain Stage set and only caught their Rough Trade set. One of my very very few gripes with Green Man is that a lot which would be amazing on Walled Garden gets lost on the Mountain stage.

I saw Pumarosa in the Walled Garden this year - some of it was astonishing. Never really listened to them before.

Agree with the others who find This is the Kit I a bit boring. Was watching it at Green Man and fell asleep on the hill. That 'Moonshine' song isn't bad though. Oh Sees on the other hand was one of the greatest gigs I've ever seen.

Was holding off on listening to The Day I Die because I want to save it all for the full album now, but I caved and it's good. It's good to know that in these troubling and uncertain post-Look What You Made Me Do times, The National still have my back.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The Day I Die didnt impress me at all, not on low quality live YouTube clips and not at Glastonbury. I heard the official single yesterday with no expectations and it gave me shivers. Its been a while since I got shivers from a song. It gave me hope for Walk It Back. Cant wait to hear Dark Side Of The Gym and the rest of the album. 

I've managed to not listen to any of the new stuff since Glasto. It's killing me but I get excited about a new album so infrequently these days that I want to relish this one.

I've still not managed to scare up an Usher Hall ticket. I've not done the queue cruise looking for a spare ticket for years. I'm of the age I'd probably come off as a tout now but it might come to that.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Mrs Jass has now decided that she'd quite like to go, so if anyone comes across a spare for the Thursday in London please give me a shout. Seated or standing, it doesn't matter.

Cheers

Managed to get two on Twickets for the Wednesday.

As a result I do now have a spare for the Thursday night if anyone needs one. Seated (Row G). Face value - £45.50.

If anyone's interested give me a shout.

Edited by Hugh Jass

Just now, nikkic said:

Is it out there then?

Yerrrrrr

Usually takes me a few listens to really get to grips with The National albums but this one is hitting home on the first run through. Thought Turtleneck sounded really interesting/different when they oddly decided to close their Glasto set with it and it sounds even better on the album. Fantastic album. What a great band.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yerrrrrr

Usually takes me a few listens to really get to grips with The National albums but this one is hitting home on the first run through. Thought Turtleneck sounded really interesting/different when they oddly decided to close their Glasto set with it and it sounds even better on the album. Fantastic album. What a great band.

*Frantically searches for it*

Ah man can't wait for this. Just getting to grips with the new LCD but it'll have to take a backseat for a bit.