The National

Zoo Music Girl

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I've limited myself to 3-4 listens of the new tracks and love each one. Not going to listen to them again until the album is out but it's shaping up to be something pretty special. 

Yeah I absolutely rinsed TSODITD when it came out so have been careful to not do the same with the other two songs as tempting as it is. Think I've only listened to Guilty Party once so that ones still gonna come as a bit of a surprise to me.

I hadn't listened to the first single since Glastonbury until yesterday but it's still so good, strong contender for song of the year so far. Haven't listened to Guilty Party too much but I've had the new one on loads, really like it. I'm mainly looking forward to the tour at the moment, going to be such a strong setlist.

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:38 AM, Tuna said:

Alligator though. C'mon, lads.

Preference of albums:

High Violet

Boxer

Alligator

Trouble Will Find Me

Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers

The National (haven't really listened to it in fairness)

Top Five Tunes:

Green Gloves

I Need My Girl

Mistaken For Strangers

Anyone's Ghost

Mr November

TWFM > High Violet > Alligator > The Boxer > S/T > Sad Songs

Conversation 16

Start a War

Daughters of the Soho Riots

Pink Rabbits

Karen

Choosing 5 was way more difficult than I thought it'd be!

Edited by fowls

On 29/07/2017 at 7:28 PM, Tuna said:

Hi all, I have a friend who is looking for a ticket for their Wednesday Hammersmith gig. If anyone has a spare please let me know!

Sorry for the bump x 

Repost for my unorganised crew

I checked with This Is The Kit at Green Man to see if she's supporting Manchester and she says no, London guys get there EARLY to see the set though because the one I saw there was astonishing stuff. Get everybody to stfu as well, every London gig I've been to has had loud talkers, and that will not do at all.

16 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I checked with This Is The Kit at Green Man to see if she's supporting Manchester and she says no, London guys get there EARLY to see the set though because the one I saw there was astonishing stuff. Get everybody to stfu as well, every London gig I've been to has had loud talkers, and that will not do at all.

Really wondering who is doing Manchester support, seems to be very last minute now. 

13 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I thought they were pretty boring at green man but I'll be watching again in London to get a good spot for the national 

4 hours ago, CHRLY said:

I thought they were pretty boring at green man but I'll be watching again in London to get a good spot for the national 

Why I oughtta...

Mountain Stage or Rough Trade tent? I was working for the Mountain Stage set and only caught their Rough Trade set. One of my very very few gripes with Green Man is that a lot which would be amazing on Walled Garden gets lost on the Mountain stage.

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Why I oughtta...

Mountain Stage or Rough Trade tent? I was working for the Mountain Stage set and only caught their Rough Trade set. One of my very very few gripes with Green Man is that a lot which would be amazing on Walled Garden gets lost on the Mountain stage.

Yeah it was the mountain one, not a bad arena but the chair crowd are possibly worse than at the pyramid. The band were ok but probably a difficult spot for them. 

i'm sure you've already got your questions lined up, but I'd be interested to know what their thinking is for playing several new, unheard songs at a festival like Glastonbury, instead of playing more well-known tracks that at least some of the crowd have heard. Aaron alluded to this in an interview recently. I always think bands should basically play a "greatest hits" set at festivals where possible, but I'd love to know what bands' opinions on that are.