The National

Zoo Music Girl

7 minutes ago, Dog Burger said:

On listen 3 now. Very good. Big departure in a lot of ways. Very electronic and innovative.  Not as bleak and poignant as Trouble Will Find Me. Love Nobody Else Will Be There, Born To Beg and Empire Line to death. Turtleneck might take a bit of persuasion...

Upvoted out of pure excitement!:D Can't wait! It's quite a long time until official release isn't it? Or am I confused with the tour..

18 minutes ago, Dog Burger said:

On listen 3 now. Very good. Big departure in a lot of ways. Very electronic and innovative.  Not as bleak and poignant as Trouble Will Find Me. Love Nobody Else Will Be There, Born To Beg and Empire Line to death. Turtleneck might take a bit of persuasion...

Of the live ones they did last year Turtleneck was by some distance the one I was least keen on. Was hoping it'd be better on record but maybe not...

Just now, Badlands said:

I think I've just riddled my tablet up with malware after seeing the original post and finding some daft leakfoundry site claiming to have the album. Cheers -_-

I've looked far and wide. There is not a sniff of a leak anywhere. 

Apart from here... ;) 

@Scruffylovemonster will be pleased to learn I had my epiphany with Alligator this week; Wednesday morning to be precise. Still not liking Karen tho. The way the Dessners play off each other is mesmerising, I think that's one of the reasons why The National are a band you really have to listen a lot to and pay a lot of attention to appreciate. Once you see what's going on, it's jaw-dropping.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

10 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

@Scruffylovemonster will be pleased to learn I had my epiphany with Alligator this week; Wednesday morning to be precise. Still not liking Karen tho. The way the Dessners play off each other is mesmerising, I think that's one of the reasons why The National are a band you really have to listen a lot to and pay a lot of attention to appreciate. Once you see what's going on, it's jaw-dropping.

Well, I'm not taking sides (don't think I'll ever do that again!), but Karen is one of the best songs on the album! Up there with Daughters of the Soho Riots.

"How The National can defy expectations and absolutely smash their Pyramid sub slot, a guide in fifteen steps"

1. The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness
2. Lit Up
3. Bloodbuzz Ohio
4. Don't Swallow the Cap
5. Secret Meeting
6. Terrible Love
7. Sea of Love
8. Fake Empire
9. Pink Rabbits
10. I Should Live in Salt
11. Slow Show
12. Abel
13. Mistaken For Strangers
14. Mr November
15. Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks

Edited by Mash011

19 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

"How The National can defy expectations and absolutely smash their Pyramid sub slot, a guide in fifteen steps"

1. The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness
2. Lit Up
3. Bloodbuzz Ohio
4. Don't Swallow the Cap
5. Secret Meeting
6. Terrible Love
7. Sea of Love
8. Fake Empire
9. Pink Rabbits
10. I Should Live in Salt
11. Slow Show
12. Abel