The National

Zoo Music Girl

42 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Seems like The National will clash almost directly with The Avalanches at the moment, probably this forum's biggest clash overall actually. I guess Father John Misty could be on around then but I think he'll be a bit earlier, so apart from The Avalanches you should be safe.

Okay fingers crossed it's just The Avalanches, a triple clash with FJM as well would be a nightmare scenario!

15 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

the alt j switcheroo would put them against your favourite AIDS deniers. 

That doesnt make so much sense, though it would be perfect obviously.

People dont seem to be taking into consideration that there are still loads of bands to be announced - most likely another pyramid sub-headliner among them - so it's crazy to think the first poster meant much in terms of placings.

21 minutes ago, russycarps said:

People dont seem to be taking into consideration that there are still loads of bands to be announced - most likely another pyramid sub-headliner among them - so it's crazy to think the first poster meant much in terms of placings.

I was about to type, I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but surely Elbow would come back to do their standard sub-Pyramid slot one night but then I have just seen something about them opening the Other Stage.

5 minutes ago, Gregcharlie said:

I was about to type, I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but surely Elbow would come back to do their standard sub-Pyramid slot one night but then I have just seen something about them opening the Other Stage.

Exactly, there's still loads of unknown factors so for people to be stating exactly what band is playing where at this stage is nonsense.

24 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Exactly, there's still loads of unknown factors so for people to be stating exactly what band is playing where at this stage is nonsense.

Didn't they used to release a second lineup poster with stage breakdowns but no days and times, and even then people got the headliners and subheadings wrong? Off the top of my head I seem to remember in recent years, Pixies changing slot (from headliner to sub), Cat Power, maybe Bobby Womack. There were definitely others as I remember the relief when they turned out to be one a different day or time than the initial poster suggested. 

I just want the national and flaminglips to have good stages and times that don't interfere with radiohead- we can't give up hope yet! 

As long as they don't play the Friday, they'll win any clash for me.  If they do end up Pyramid subs, we're just going to have to make extra effort to try to outweigh the hangers-around.  Terrible slot, though.  I guess to band management types the exposure of subbing the big stage is preferred to headlining the second but it depends on the band and their demographic.  Alt-sodding-J would genuinely make a better Foos sub.

16 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Didn't they used to release a second lineup poster with stage breakdowns but no days and times, and even then people got the headliners and subheadings wrong? Off the top of my head I seem to remember in recent years, Pixies changing slot (from headliner to sub), Cat Power, maybe Bobby Womack. There were definitely others as I remember the relief when they turned out to be one a different day or time than the initial poster suggested.

2363594_GLASTO_2014.jpg

Issue is in previous years we've had lineup posters like this, looking less listy than the current year's. Though yes you can see that the acts under the headliners did not actually correspond to the predicted day breakdown so there is still hope.

24 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I just want the national and flaminglips to have good stages and times that don't interfere with radiohead- we can't give up hope yet! 

Yep. It makes no sense that they'd release a poster so easy to decipher, they may have just as well released the full day/split list if this poster is in the order people think it is.

There are bound to be surprises. There always is. Let's just hope the national is one of them...

Sunday headliner is my dream, and I wont let go of it!

3 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Terrible slot, though.  I guess to band management types the exposure of subbing the big stage is preferred to headlining the second but it depends on the band and their demographic. 

Exactly! Even if you think about it from a management perspective though particularly in terms of TV , which is the better outcome for a band like them, a visble crowd that's not really into it or a headline slot where they're playing to the converted?

13 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Yep. It makes no sense that they'd release a poster so easy to decipher, they may have just as well released the full day/split list if this poster is in the order people think it is.

There are bound to be surprises. There always is. Let's just hope the national is one of them...

Sunday headliner is my dream, and I wont let go of it!

Please, Please, Please, Let me..

3 minutes ago, Gregcharlie said:

Can't rely on what you read in the NME

Was from this article. No actual quote but she did a few exclusive sort of reveals with them. Biffy subbing Ed was one too I think

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/music/emily-eavis-grime-feels-like-new-punk-other-stage-headliner-2033748%3Fsource%3Ddam

Edited by strummer77

11 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Emily already told NME that Boy Better Know are headlining the Other on Sunday.

and as for Elbow, they can only play on Friday IIRC, and the NME have said that The XX are subbing the Pyramid that day.

yep, and with Royal Blood talking about their "great slot on Friday" we can only imagine that's them being told they're 3rd, not 4th, and that ruins my holding out for Radiohead somehow bagging The XX and The National as their 2 curated lead-ins, which would have been perfect for me. Now can only hope it's Manics 4th on the Friday (and before anyone suggests it, Manics are NOT opening Other on Fri at 11am after a gig that ends at 11pm or later the night before)

Edited by tevaburger

1 hour ago, strummer77 said:

Was from this article. No actual quote but she did a few exclusive sort of reveals with them. Biffy subbing Ed was one too I think

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/music/emily-eavis-grime-feels-like-new-punk-other-stage-headliner-2033748%3Fsource%3Ddam

Why do you continue to try and spread truths that we do not want to hear?!