The National

Zoo Music Girl

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

They defo weren't quiet and solemn at latitude! That was a tremendous gig. Joyous stuff

That crowd is easily one of the best I've been in for any gig. If we can guarantee similar scenes on the Other stage Sunday night, then there are few more perfect ways to see out the festival before a fallow, but I'm wary it's just going to be a very similar show to a much more partisan crowd.

13 minutes ago, Dog Burger said:

Whaaa? Where did you hear that? That's not the sort of line you can just throw about lightly on a day such as today! 

Haha sorry, I've just been told they've been booked for somewhere for a couple of dates in September. 

Thats all I wanna say 

The National have not done a non-headline length set in the UK since Reading and Leeds in 2011, the one time they did not headline at Hyde Park it was still billed as a headline length set. As they aren't playing many festivals therefore I suspect Glastonbury will have given them a headline length set to get them to the festival and therefore will either be on the Other Stage or in a slightly longer sub set (so probably not before the expected Foo Marathon).

I can't wait, I would love a Sunday slot up against Ed personally.

27 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

No. I would put a million pounds on you not liking the national mate. I would always try to give someone a recommendation based on their taste but my recommendation to you is don't waste your time. Too slow and plodding for you. 

Haha I had a listen to Boxers this afternoon mate and you are exactly right.

Not for me stuff like that. Singer sounds like he needs to blow his nose before he sings. Really did not get the Depeche Mode or Joy Division comparisons.

• Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Not for me stuff like that. Singer sounds like he needs to blow his nose before he sings. Really did not get the Depeche Mode or Joy Division comparisons.

Must not rise to it. Must not correct the incorrect album title....

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, eastynh said:

You're the first person I've came across who thinks that album is pants...

30 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Must not rise to it. Must not correct the incorrect album title....

Still can't believe they're on the poster. I was hoping for a big surprise, but as Will said in the other thread I had completely discounted any chance of the National. Great job Eavii. I bow down to your ability to book a fucking awesome lineup once again.

This now means over the past 2 festivals, 3 of my top 10 bands will have played. Tremendous.

11 minutes ago, McCor said:

This is an education

Cheers for this, will definitely give it a watch over the weekend. 

I'm the same as most on this thread, National are the big one for me on that poster drop, completely unexpected. Haven't really listened to them for a few months but had High Violet on the way to work this morning and immediately got me psyched!

2 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

You're the first person I've came across who thinks that album is pants...

Did not say it is pants mate, just not my thing. It is the total opposite of things I generally like. I can appreciate they are talented musicians. Yet it  was a little too one paced and very little in the way of hooks and melodies.

If I am going to listen to darker type stuff I like it with a little grunt. Stuff like Depeche Mode's - Songs of faith and Devotion and Puressence - Only Forever. Both darker and atmospheric type albums but both full of real emotion.

8 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Did not say it is pants mate, just not my thing. It is the total opposite of things I generally like. I can appreciate they are talented musicians. Yet it  was a little too one paced and very little in the way of hooks and melodies.

If I am going to listen to darker type stuff I like it with a little grunt. Stuff like Depeche Mode's - Songs of faith and Devotion and Puressence - Only Forever. Both darker and atmospheric type albums but both full of real emotion.

I know mate it was a play on words, the album's called Boxer not Boxers :P

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

I've never seen them compared to either of those bands before you mentioned it earlier :lol: