The National

Zoo Music Girl

The National at Glastonbury was all I was hoping for....

Love everything but surprised Sad Songs For Dirty Lovers is never mentioned in the same breath as Alligator, Boxer, High Violet and Trouble Will Find Me. One of my all time favourites is 'Slipping Husband'. As for what they will play I don't care but they MUST play All The Wine

4 minutes ago, Jobseeker said:
10 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Go alligator next. It took me longer than the other two but it's as good as high violet and boxer once it clicks. 

Aye aye captain, on to the next metaphorical penis.

By "as good as", he means it is The National's magnum opus.

Edited by Tuna

9 minutes ago, Zardoz67 said:

The National at Glastonbury was all I was hoping for....

Love everything but surprised Sad Songs For Dirty Lovers is never mentioned in the same breath as Alligator, Boxer, High Violet and Trouble Will Find Me. One of my all time favourites is 'Slipping Husband'. As for what they will play I don't care but they MUST play All The Wine

Oh yes, my 'box of wine day' might turn into my 'all the wine is all for me day'!

1 hour ago, Jobseeker said:

Knee deep in High violet now, grabbed me by the balls quicker than Boxer. Could be a staple for the next couple of months. Cheers for the advice chaps!

I definitely prefer it to Boxer overall. But then Boxer has Apartment Story into Slow Show (or vice-versa?) which is 9 of the best minutes on any album.

6 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

Setlist time? :P

1. Fake Empire
  2. England 
  3. Dont Swallow The Cap
  4. I Need My Girl
  5. Mistaken For Strangers
  6. Abel
  7. Bloodbuzz Ohio
  8. About Today
  9. Apartment Story
  10. Runaway
  11. Humiliation
  12. I Should Live in Salt
  13. Terrible Love
  14. Mr. November
  15. Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks

fight me

Get Squalor Victoria in there and we have a deal.

Very unlikely to clash with RH imho. The bookers will know the crossover in appeal. Surely the only point of allowing them to clash would be to split the crowd sizes. Much as most of us love both bands I can't honestly believe wither band is going to attract record crowds 

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Wait what? I'm hoping for the opposite

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

I'm a lock for Foo Fighters, which has forefeited my right to have a say on who we are seeing Sunday night, so I am being forced to see The Sheeran! And I feel like seeing Radiohead at Glastonbury would be special! Doesn't give me much room in the headliner department sadly!