The National

Zoo Music Girl

Bearing in mind they're playing a festival 2 weeks later, and that Sharon Van Etten is at the festival (a good friend of the band) - I think there has to be a possibility.

Haven't got tickets yet though, will be pretty miffed it the year they play is the year I can't get *****ing tickets.

• 3 weeks later...

Any reason why I shouldn't still be hoping these guys are playing? As far as I can tell, they're still only confirmed for 2 shows at the moment, in May and July, one of which is in Europe (Spain) so surely they could yet be at Glastonbury?

There's no reason for them not to play - conversely, there's nothing to suggest they would play. Besides, I don't think there's anywhere left on the lineup to accommodate them. I'd definitely assume no, and for those who have seen my posts in here, that's a very sad state of affairs.

There's no reason for them not to play - conversely, there's nothing to suggest they would play. Besides, I don't think there's anywhere left on the lineup to accommodate them. I'd definitely assume no, and for those who have seen my posts in here, that's a very sad state of affairs.

What do you mean?!! Nowhere for them to play? Last time I checked there was nigh on 1800 pages of nonsense and wild speculation about the fact that there's still a very clear spot for them on Sunday night! Edited by jimmyt

They're not really a Pyramid band though, are they?

I think when they next play it'll be as an Other stage headliner, although given they weren't booked in 2013 and 2014 when they were around it's possible the festival doesn't really want them.

Just don't think the festival and them could agree on a slot. Presumably TN wanting a higher slot than GF were willing to give them.

What do you mean?!! Nowhere for them to play? Last time I checked there was nigh on 1800 pages of nonsense and wild speculation about the fact that there's still a very clear spot for them on Sunday night!

Seriously though, could they sub the Pyramid?

You know, I'm one hell of a National advocate and argue about them on here a lot, and I think I could. I however, (and this board in general) am not a very good barometer of what would go down well on the Pyramid.

Agree with the other two that Other headline is probably the best spot for them currently - especially after another album. Personally, I think another album and GF running out of new headliners should be enough to warrant a Pyramid headline spot. But then again, I'm extremely biased :)

Edit: Haven't been paying a lot of attention, but do we think the subheadliner to be announced for the Sunday also has shows to promote? If so, then The National are far from fitting that.

Double edit: This thread needs to stop getting bumped because I get all excited then all sad

Edited by Tuna

There's 3-4 threads on the front page bemoaning the lack of options available for Glastonbury, especially 'newer' bands who haven't played a high spot on Pyramid before.

How much stronger would The National into Alt-J into The Who look for Sunday night in comparison to Alt-J into Paul Weller into The Who?

Sometimes it's about getting a line-up that feels fresher. I think people would prefer that to constant re-hashing of bands on the wane.

• 2 months later...